Reload this Page >

Trip Report: Bellagio, Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2000, 04:57 AM
francesca

Just returned from Bellagio. We were very happy with our hotel, the Belevedere, thanks to advice on this board. Thanks also to other travelers, we were steered toward the delicious Belagus restaurant and picked up lots of other helpful info: thank you! One thing no one mentioned, not even our guide book (the Rough Guide--didn't like it, won't buy it again) is the stunning,amazing Villa Balbianello. We saw Villa Carlotta, the Melzi Gardens and the Villa Serbelloni gardens and they were lovely. But this place...it cannot, cannot be missed. Take the boat to Leno and walk about 20 minutes (up hill) if you are visiting on a weekend. If not, you must take a private boat to the villa directly. What a place. I am happy to answer any questions about the area, where we spent a very happy four-day weekend.

Old May 17th, 2000, 05:34 AM
Gene Kabakov

<BR>I am glad to hear your trip was a success. Do you have the contact information and the rate information for your hotel? Also was it hard to locate the hotel? <BR> <BR>Thank you very much for your assistance. <BR>Best regards, <BR>-Gene

Old May 18th, 2000, 07:57 AM
francesca

The hotel has a web site and we booked our room that way, with no problems: <BR>http://www.belvederebellagio.com <BR> <BR>It was a simple 10 mins. walk from the place the ferry pulls in, although you can take a taxi if you have lugguage (10.000 lire).

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:11 AM
Anne

Francesca, <BR>So glad to see your post today, especially with the reference to Lenno. We are staying at the Albergo Lenno for 2 nights before we come back home. Not many people are familiar with Lenno. I found this place at www.lakecomo.com which is a website for lake area accommodations. A month ago I did a search on the forum and came up with one posting, about a year ago, with a man from California who was going to this same hotel. No one answered his question, so I emailed him and he and his wife gave me some good descriptions of their time there. But I would love to hear from you about what you did in Lenno, what particular sights captured your attention. Also, we will be there during the week and I hope the ferry will take us across from Bellagio, since we are coming up from Verona. <BR>Thanks for all your help. <BR>Anne

Old May 18th, 2000, 02:59 PM
Michael

Dear Francesca, <BR>My wife and I will be in Bellagio (for the first time) for 3 days beginning May 26. My wife booked us at the Hotel Dulac. We are renting a car and driving from Milan. Any other helpful advice on where to go, what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. If you are so inclined, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Thank you.