Reload this Page >

Trip planning for 3 days in Paris & 6 days in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Falguni

Me and my husband are planning to visit Paris, Rome & Venice for 10 days in late Nov. Can somebody help us how should we prepare our outings for 3 days in Paris, 3 days in Rome and 3 days in Venice? <BR>I mean, what places should we see each of the day in each of the place so as to cover the maximum number of possible places. If some help is given on means of transport to reach different places, we would realyl appreciate it. Thanks!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Myer

I'm answering on the chance that you're new to this forum.<BR><BR>You probably won't get any response to a question in which you have obviously done no research on your own.<BR><BR>Read books. Read previous threads. <BR><BR>Make an itinerary indicating your interest that shows you did some work. Post it and then ask for opinions and help. <BR><BR>You might do better that way.<BR>

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:44 PM
topper

I hope you have a private jet. Paris does not fit with Italy.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Ronda

Falguni, you are obviously a newcomer to the forum so may I welcome you. The best way to find information on Paris, Rome and Venice would be to do a search here and see what interests you. Decide what your interests are, and do some homework so you can ask more specific information.<BR><BR>As far as getting from Paris to Rome and Rome to Venice in the amount of time you have alotted for this trip, you should fly as the train will take too much time. <BR><BR>Is this your first trip to Europe? Instead of trying to see all in one trip, perhaps you should concentrate on one country. Say Rome, Florence, Venice or Paris and surrounding areas.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Ira

Paris does not fit well with Italy, but if your trip has to be Paris and Italy you can look up train schedules at the German rail line http://www.bahn.de/pv/index.shtml.<BR>The night train from Paris to Rome requires that you change trains in Lausanne.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Me

It sounds like a bit much packed into 10 days. You could easily spend a week in each Rome and Paris. I would either do Rome - Venice or Paris with another nearby city (maybe south of France, Amsterdam).

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 09:11 AM
jetset

Hi Falguni:<BR>Ten days is doable for all 3 of these wonderful cities but it would be best to do a research first before you actually put your final itinerary together. Rick Steve has a good day to day itinerary for these cities.<BR>I went with my girlfriend two years ago from Paris to Rome and with my family to Italy this year. Be advised that from Paris to Rome you need to take the overnight train as not to lose a lot of time. Take the latest train from Paris and when you wake up in the morning you are in Rome already. Not sure the distance from Rome to Venice but if I were to decide I would devout more time in Paris while Venice for me 2 days would be enough but then again depending on what you are going to explore ; please do not miss the Sistine Chapel in Rome!<BR>Wake up early, explore the city by foot especially in Paris. We will go again this December touring France but this time thru Trafalgar tours but we will stay extra 4 days in Paris when the tour ends to ring in the New Year ( can't wait). You may check books at Barnes and Nobles they have plenty , find which one you really like and go to the library and check if the certain book is available. I always find Rick Steve's very informative and so is Fodor's and Frommers. The more info. the better and you will be all set.<BR>Also, please check Trafalgar's website:<BR>www.trafalgar.com where you can view their brochures for these 3 cities (Free and Easy) you can obtain an idea of the trip itinerary.<BR>Happy travels!!!