I'm in the process of planning a trip to Slovenia with my 70-something parents for a week this August and am wrestling with one leg of the trip. We'd like to spend two nights on the Adriatic, seeing a bit of Trieste and Piran, but I'm trying to decide which is the better city to make as a base. Trieste seems to have more hotel options, being a larger city. I'm guessing the food might be better there too.
Is one preferable as a place to stay? We're not going to be hitting the beach, so that's not a factor. Our interests are more in historical/cultural sites and wandering historic neighborhoods.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 12 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 13 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler