Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Trenitalia train schedule lookup problems - Rifredi and Castellano (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/trenitalia-train-schedule-lookup-problems-rifredi-and-castellano-818780/)

Myer Dec 24th, 2009 05:15 AM

Trenitalia train schedule lookup problems - Rifredi and Castellano

I'm trying to look up various train possibilities that have Rifredi and/or Castellano stations as start or end of routes.

Sometimes I can get them to show up but mostly it says these stations can't be found.

I know I can get around it, for instance, by searching Florence to Prato and look for Castellano in the detail. But that's inconvenient.

Any ideas on how to enter these two?

J62 Dec 24th, 2009 05:47 AM

On the trenitalia.com website you simply enter Firenze Rifredi or Firenze Castello (not Castellano) as the station name.

ellenem Dec 24th, 2009 06:05 AM

During what time period and what type of train? The schedules for some more local trains the schedules are not posted that far ahead of the travel dates. Use the correct names as noted by J62, and use dates for next week. The schedules shouldn't change that much between now and your travel dates.

Myer Dec 24th, 2009 06:18 AM

I meant to write Castello (not Castellano).

Doesn't work when I enter Firenze Castello or Firenze Rifredi.

The date I'm entering is always 4-5 days ahead of the current date so that the fare comes up.

Any other ideas?

J62 Dec 24th, 2009 06:31 AM

I tried it myself on trenitalia.com and both of those names worked fine. I can find trains on 12/28 to points near and far, domestic and international.

ellenem Dec 24th, 2009 06:31 AM

The other possibility: just use "Firenze" as you departing station and then input your destination. In the departing column, all Firenze options should come up. Firenze SMN may come up as the main location, but other the smaller stations may be listed under it.

Between Firenze and where are you traveling?

Myer Dec 24th, 2009 07:28 AM

Yes it works if you go from Firenze Castello or Firenze Rifredi to other destinations.

But I wanted to try Florence (Firenze) SMN to either of those.

That doesn't work.

ellenem Dec 24th, 2009 07:54 AM

To make the trip you describe, I'd probably take a bus or taxi unless I was already at Firenze SMN.

J62 Dec 24th, 2009 08:36 AM

It could be that trenitalia considers that a nonsense route.

It's at most a 5min ride from SMN to Rifredi, with local trains leaving every 10min.

Bahn.de shows schedules.

Myer Dec 24th, 2009 09:00 AM

I'll be right near SMN so that's what I wanted.

Thanks. I didn't think of bahn.de. That works and gives me what I want.

kybourbon Dec 24th, 2009 05:49 PM

You have to enter the stations the way Trenitalia lists them.
Firenze S M Novella and Firenze Castello. You can find the names of all stations on Trenitalia. Click "in the region", then click go to the section in the region (Italian only), select a region, select servizi in stazione.

Firenze Campo di Marte
Firenze Cascine
Firenze Castello
Firenze Rifredi
Firenze Rovezzano
Firenze Porta al Prato
Firenze s. M. Novella
Firenze S. Marco Vecchio
Firenze Statuto

Myer Dec 25th, 2009 03:34 AM

kybourbon,

Thanks!!!! That works.