Trenitalia reservation

Nov 10th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Trenitalia reservation

Hi,

I wanted to make a train reservation from Rome to Venice for Jan 5th and based on earlier forum discussions, I came to know that I need to use the fare rule as "Intera" but I am wondering how can I apply my trenitalia pass ? I know that the fare will be less if I use my pass. Please let me know what fare type I need to use for this ?

Also, since I am going in winter, do you think that it would be safe even if I make a reservation after going to Rome ?

Thanks
Madhu
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:54 AM
ira

Dear madhu,

Do you have a RailPass from RailEurope?

If so, you do not need to purchase tickets except for ES* trains.

If you wish to take an ES* train, you will have to purchase a seat reservation, about $12 from raileurope less if you buy it in Italy.

>do you think that it would be safe even if I make a reservation after going to Rome ?<

Yes.

Nov 10th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply...Yes, I do have a rail pass from Rail Europe and wanted to take ES* train. Do you mean to say that I need to make my reservation only through RailEurope site ? They are down for 2 week maintenance.
Nov 10th, 2005, 09:33 AM

If you are going to be in italy even a day or so ahead of the travel date on the train you could probably wait and book your reservation after arrival (it will be cheaper).

You can technically book seat reservations through other agencies although a few are reluctant to do so unless you also bought your pass from them...and I would not deal with those folks for that very reason.

Are you worried about not getting a seat?

Search this Thread