trenitalia promotion question

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trenitalia promotion question

Hi guys,

I notice on trenitalia that there is a "Freedom to Travel" special deal for 15E. http://www.trenitalia.com/home/en/pv...i/liberta.html

However, I just can't work out how to book these fares. I understand how to book tickets (thank's to Ira's post) and my Italian is tourist level so I can get by. But it doesn't matter what I do the price is higher then 15E. Any suggestions? Am I missing a check box or something.

Also do I need to buy a special card to get the Under 26 fares?

Thanks for all your help as always
Louise
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

ttt anyone? gosh darn it - is it far to tricksy question?
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 07:01 PM

WILEES,

lol, you've gotten my attention by your "tricksy" comment. A bit of a Lord of the Rings fan are you? Gollum in particular?

Anyway, I digress, GAC (screen name) is the in house resident expert on the train stuff, but I've learned that you cannot obtain these tickets earlier than 60 days prior to the date of travel.

Since you've not indicated your dates, I'm only mentioning this at a possible problem?

I'll be needing to attempt a similar order process later in the month; there are a number of posts regarding folks having had problems with purchase price and/or the ability to actually purchase/order tickets. Seems like the culprit is usually the order/request is placed too far in advance of the date of travel; and/or the day requested is not a special rate day (i.e. saturday).

Just some thoughts.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

That might be it. But I was getting a price but maybe I will try a date in March to see if it works.

Re: LOTR. Hubby is a fanatic. We have all DVDs extended and normal and we live in Wellington so know a fair bit about it all. (was a sound extra for TT!!!!) I work with a few orcs. hehe
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 06:11 AM
GAC

Keep trying to get these deeply discounted seats. Remember that you CANNOT reserve more than 60 days in advance. Sometimes, the Trenitalia reservations system is down or slow where you're trying to book. Don't be discouraged if it takes you a couple of days to finally succeed.

Remember too that, besides the "Freedom to Travel" promotion (available ANY day or night of the week, IC, ICN and EXP trains only, NOT ES, EC or EN trains), there are the following additional promotions currently in force:

"Sabato di Trenitalia.com" available only on Saturdays, for both IC and ES trains (but not ICN, EC, EN or EXP trains)

"Eurostar a 29 Euro" available daily through April 30 (unless extended, ES trains only)
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 09:08 AM

Wilees,

I had the same problem and was trying within the 60 day period. I have basically given up trying to get anything less expensive than the regular fares. It may not be you - just the site or how many seats are available at that price.