Trenitalia HELP!!! *PNR Number???

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping someone could help. Yesterday, I booked an evening train ticket from Florence to Rome on June 9th (I know it's advised to buy at the station, but I needed a guarantee since I have a flight leaving the next day back to the U.S. - cannot afford to miss it). Anyway, I went through the process of purchasing the ticket and got to the point where you put in a credit card number. I did, using a Masters, and accepted. After that, it jumped me back to the home page and did not give me a PNR reservation code.

Questions: I am suppose to receive my PNR in my e-mail (I selected Self-Service)? How long does it usually take? Has anyone else had problems like this before? Since I'm a college student with a very tight-budget, I'm afraid to try it again and pay for two tickets. Thanks for your help!
Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:03 AM

Because of difficulties with the system, sometimes people set up their account with trenitalia with an email account they don't usually use. Make sure you check your email name you used when setting up the account. However, if you don't receive confirmation within 48 hours you need to email trenitalia.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:11 AM

This EXACT same thing happened to me today (see my post). I also have pending transaction with my bank for the amount of the tickets, so it looks like it partially went through.

It also seems that Trenitalia's website server is down, since I am getting a server error when I try to access my account online to "verify orders."

I wish I had advice for you, or someone had advice. I'm planning to call Trenitalia in a day or two if I don't get the e-mail and if my charge goes through. Please post if you figure anything out!

Old May 20th, 2007, 06:40 AM

I'm in the same boat. On May 14, I book trips for June 2 and June 9. Credit card payment went through but no email confirmations.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 04:23 AM

I have the same problem. Can anyone tell me what will happen??? any suggestions???

All the best
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 10:28 PM

I think Trenitalia must be the world's worst website. I had all these problems. I think I have paid at least twice and no emails ever arrive, and the telephone call centre is no better. Anyone any ideas as to how to confirm a booking - please help!!