Search

Travgina's photos from seven night solo Paris trip

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travgina's photos from seven night solo Paris trip

Hi, all!

I felt a little pressured to get my pictures online since Jody admonished me to "get your act together and get those pictures posted!!!!" lol.

Well, the photos are at
http://community.webshots.com/myphot...umID=477220830

If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to correct it.

Also, since you also wanted to hear about our GTG, here it is:

I arrived in Paris on the morning of Wednesday, October 5th and had made arrangements to meet ggnga and Tod at Cafe Deux Magots at 6 p.m. Previous to going to Paris, we had all posted a description of ourselves and what we would be wearing. Well, I ended up wearing something else, but figured I'd be able to find them based on their descriptions. I arrived first and stood on the corner looking for a woman with red hair, glasses, turquoise belt and shoes, and a woman with short, dark blond hair and a red scarf. After scanning the crowd for a few minutes, a woman walked up to me and asked, "Are you Gina?" It was Tod, and she WASN'T wearing a red scarf! I asked how she knew it was me since I wasn't dressed in navy, and she said that I was the only blonde with glasses looking like I was searching for someone.

We looked for ggnga for a few minutes, then saw a vacant outside table, so we grabbed it and ordered a kir royale and contined to watch for ggnga. A few minutes later I saw a redhead (with turquoise shoes, but no turquoise belt) looking around. I got her attention and she joined us (she had lost her belt somewhere along the way).

We probably spent close to an hour visiting and getting to know each other (Tod, bless her heart, had a gift from South Africa for us, which was so thoughtful). After gabbing for awhile, we decided to find somewhere to have dinner. ggnga suggested a nearby restaurant that she had dined at earlier in the week, so we walked the few blocks to rue Gregoire de Tours to Restaurant L'Insulair, a small, charming little establishment.

For the foodies on this board, I had an onion tart for my starter, and chateaubriand with a roquefort sauce for my plat. It came with delicious green beans and fries. I didn't have dessert. If I remember correctly, Tod had mussels and ggnga had escargot for starters, and both had veal for their plat. I think Tod had a flaming pomme tart and ggnga had creme brulee for dessert. We shared a bottle of red wine, chosen by Tod and very good, although I don't remember the name.

After dinner, we said good-bye to Tod, and since ggnga and I were going in the same direction, she invited me to check out the apartment that she had rented for the week. She got her apartment for about the same price as my hotel room, and although I'm glad I chose a hotel for my first solo trip, I will probably consider an apartment for my next visit to Paris.

After seeing her apartment, ggnga gave me directions to the Seine so I could walk along it back to my hotel. I loved the fact that I felt no fear walking the streets of Paris at night.

I will soon be doing a somewhat detailed report of my week in Paris, but wanted to give details of the GTG.

I had no idea that I would fall so in love with Paris. Maybe the fact that I was married to a Frenchman from New Orleans for over 20 years (mother-in-law was a Thibodaux from Thibodaux, Louisiana) had something to do with it! LOL
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 04:02 PM

Isn't it fun to meet up with people in a strange city? We've met (different) Fodorites twice in Paris, in London, and in Cape Town, South Africa.

I am glad you enjoyed Paris. It is a city that is hard to get out of your system, once you've been there and had a lovely time.
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 05:04 PM

Nope, it didn't work

The gtg sounds like great fun, thanks for the report!
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 05:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
gina, the url dosn't work. it leads me to the site but not your photos?
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, Scarlett and Cigalechanta. Let me see if I can figure out how to get you to the photos.

Gina
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 05:34 PM

When will you ever learn - get your act together and get that darn link fixed!! lol.
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks alot, degas! LOL This is my first attempt at posting photos, and somehow, my pics are listed under another's name! Oh, woe is me!

Here's another link (altho probably wrong!): http://community.webshots.com/album/477220830rDrUaC

So go ahead, tell me this one doesn't work either. If it doesn't, you probably won't get the correct one until tomorrow, since I threw myself on the mercy of Webshots and begged them to help me fix my problem.

Gina
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

If you try the last link, and it says "Paris in the fall - Photos from October 2005 trip", they are my photos even tho it's not under my name.
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:22 PM

Got it!! I postted my photos several times the last few years with urls that didn't work
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:26 PM

That one worked! Nice photos
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Cigale: So glad you were able to access the photos! I still have to get it straightened out tho.

Now I can go to bed, secure in the knowledge that anyone wanting to see my pictures can. I'm still suffering from jetlag!

Gina
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 06:31 PM

sweet dreams, gina, while all can enjoy your photos.
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Thanks for sharing your photos. I've got similar shots of the rue de Buci marketplace. The weather was very nice during your visit.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 08:02 AM

The poster with the dog means the following:

You wouldn't allow this at home, Paris is your home.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 09:12 AM

Gina, your photos were so nice. Maybe if I get that digital camera for Christmas I will begin to get my act together and at least take some photos. Everyone always asks to se my photos and I have none. It looks as though you had such a beautiful week. Paris just gets to me like no other place I have ever been. I am so glad you loved it.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 09:25 AM

HI! Glad you did it..got your act togeher! Just on the way out the door to leave for Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 11:01 AM

Thank you, your photos were a wonderful reminder of my favorite city to visit. I think my next visit will be solo as well.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 11:44 AM

Thanks for the photos. I did like the Paris Chez Vous campaign. I'm looking forward to your report, thanks for the peek into the GTG