Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Travelodge sale over Easter -Starts at 9 Pounds.

Notices

Old Nov 19th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I post this with some trepidation. Last post became rather heated at times.
http://email.travelodge.co.uk/Pages/...73vb21t46wvp2l

Sales begins on 26 of Nov. for Easter bookings.
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up!
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 08:32 AM

Last post became rather heated at times>

yes there is a bias for some folks about staying in modern chain hotels in London it seems - 'flats are better' is the mantra. And then there is misinformation, like one frequent London advisor here saying that the cheapest rooms ever for the TravelLodge in question was 129 pounds - yet even for the next day when i searched there were rooms for 89 pounds - and some Brits even said they actually got 19 and 29 pound rooms. (And this misinformation after the same poster had been corrected on another thread previously for giving the same misleading info!) That said the 9 pound, 19 pound, 29 pound rooms are few in number and you have to hop on them - but they do indeed exist, in spite of what others may claim and have claimed - but even at 89 pounds, which seems routinely possible if you book in advance IMO Travelodges and their counterparts PremierInns are a good deal for London - you know exactly what (and what kind of plumbing) you are getting, etc. so yes thanks for braving the expected umbrage at even thinking of staying in one of these places and posting this!
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

If you think travelodge is bad, you should try hotelformule1. They vary greatly in quality. Some decent and some very bad.
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 12:09 PM

Formule1 hotels have shared WCs - something an anathema to many Americans and are yes a long long way below TravelInns or PremierLodges which i would say are equivalent to our Holiday Inns. But Formule1 - an Accor Hotel, one of the world's largest hotel chains if not the largest, are bare bones - all the rooms are obviously pre-fab and the WC/showers are made of a solid sheet of plastic it seems and like those Parisian street WCs apparently automatically clean themselves.

I have stayed in Formule1s in Amsterdam (Zaandam) and France and for the incredibly cheap price found them to be a good bargain. Accor's ETAP hotels are a big step up from Formule1 and do indeed have WCs/douches in the rooms. There is a Forumle1 in Barking, in London's docklands that can be a great deal for those not minding a good commute. www.accorhotels.com