Travelodge Hotels

Search

Travelodge Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelodge Hotels

Has anyone had any experience with any of the Travelodge Hotels? We have reserved at the Limerick one and are interested in ones around Dublin. I saw only one review on the Travelodge Swords and it was not good.
Thank you.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:34 PM

Hi ginoconnor,

I haven't stayed at an Irish Travelodge before, but I have used them in the UK & I guess they'll be of the same standard.

It's the type of place you would spend one night in on the way to somewhere else - typically they have pretty small rooms & are usually at out-of-town locations. They're fine if you're just looking for somewhere to lay your head while you're travelling, but in general I wouldn't recommend them for any more than one night.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 07:19 PM

Ditto to JJBhoy's opinion. They are functional and that's about all. If you're on a budget B&B's are probably a better option.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 03:02 AM

They are like the Motel 6 places in the states. I would stay in a B&B. They are much nicer and more central.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! We are unable to stay in a B&B as my husband is in a wheelchair. Also we'll need three rooms for our family and am trying not to break the bank with this trip!!!
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM

Please keep in mind that some B&B's have ground floor rooms and some are able to cater to families. Don't dismiss them without checking them out. You might try serviced apartments as they would do nicely for a group your size and often are more reasonably priced than trying to let several rooms in a motel.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 12:22 AM

Harrington HAll are services apts on Leeson street close to town. How are you planning to get around if you stay far out of the city in the Travel Lodge?

As well History traveller is right there are a few places with ground floor rooms. Contact the tourist office on Suffolk Street or Bord Failte they will have no problem searching for places.
Old Apr 30th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

We just returned from our trip and the Travelodge worked out fine for us. We had a rental car. The first day we arrived in Shannon and stayed at the Travelodge Limerick which was ten minutes from the Bunratty Castle. We did the medieval banquet the first evening and that was fun.
The Travelodge was clean and no-frills. Be aware that their desk is not open all day. It opens at 3:00. So when they say you cannot check in until 3:00, they mean it.
We stayed our last two nights in the Travelodge at Navan Rd. in Dublin. This worked out fine. We took a cab into the city the first day. The second day, we drove. Also, the bus was less that a five minute walk from the motel and only cost E1.30 to get to Dublin.
We were only 10-15 minutes from the airport.