So this is my first time travelling to Italy and I chose Alitalia BEFORE reading bad reviews about lost baggage. Should I expect to lose my baggage if I decide to check- in my baggage?
My trip will be 13 days long and I do not know if a carry-on would be enough. I will be departing from Miami on Dec 16th and arriving at Ancona with a 4 hours layover in Rome. I am worried since I have read lots of bad reviews about Alitalia and lost luggage especially when having a connection.
Additionally, my returning date will be Dec 30th, with only a 1 hour and a half layover in Rome.
What do you think? Please give me some advice, Carry-on or check-in baggage?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Driving
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 My France Vacation
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 15 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 20 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 24 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?