Reload this Page >

Travelling to Sevilla and Madrid

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 02:24 AM
Maureen Barnes

<BR>I will be travelling to Madrid arriving on 4/17 and plan on staying in Madrid for 2 nights then on to Sevilla by train for 3 nights could someone give me some suggestions on inexpensive lodging in both cities in a safe area, I will be travelling with myself and 2 children. also any tips on travelling by train or bus to other areas of Spain once I get to Sevilla. Thank you <BR>

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 03:55 AM
Maira

Maureen, Hotel Mora sounds like the ticket for you. Across the street from El Prado and the Botanical Gardens, safe, clean, comfortable, courteous staff, $50/double. Can NOT beat the location. Walking distance to Atocha Station (main train station in Madrid). It fills out very quickly, I have posted the phone. If you can't find it by doing a search on this forum by "Mora", e-mail me and Ill get the info when I get home. Fodor's recommends it also, so their phone is posted on this site.

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Jen

Maureen, <BR> <BR>I 100% agree with with Hotel Mora. It is in a great location and the price is right! I went in November and took the recommendation from this forum. Seville....I took a recommendation from this forum as wellfor La Rabida. I think it was about $60/night, very charming. This was probably the best deal I stayed in Spain. If you do an inquiry on this hotel you will see that many agree on these two hotels. You can't go wrong.

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 01:11 PM
Maira

<BR>Hello Maira <BR>Thanks for the info on the hotel I could not find the phone number could you please send it. Also do you have any suggestions and prices on travelling from Madrid to Seville I will be arriving in Madrid and staying there for 2 nights I have not booked a hotel yet any suggestions. Also I plan on taking a train to Sevilla I know there are a couple of them Have you used them. Thanks so much, I will be travelling with my 14 yr old daughter and her friend. My oldest daughter is studying now in Sevilla at the Students for Cross Cultural Studies We are looking forward to this trip very much. Thanks again

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 05:51 PM
Maira

Maureen, the phone mumber for Hotel Mora is 34-91-420-1569, fax: 34-91-420-0564. Preferably try to call during the daytime and talk to Monica or Max, the daytime managers. Very courteous staff. <BR>They have a small cafe next door where you can get breakfast in the morning. To get there by train, take the train from the airport to Atocha Station (the main train station in Madrid). As you exit the station onto Paseo del Prado (towards the Botanical Gardens), keep going straight on Paseo, the hotel will be on the street's left side, past a gas station in the corner (32 Paseo del Prado; if you get to Planet Hollywood you passed it). <BR> <BR>As far as train directions from Madrid to Seville, I haven't done this, but a lot of people on this forum have done it and posted excellent directions.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 06:54 AM
Beth Y.

For Seville, we stayed in the Hotel Murillo. It is right in the middle of the old town, about a block from the Cathedral. Couldn't be a better location. It is not very fancy, but cheap, clean and near everything. If you are spending time in your room in Seville, you are not having any fun! Murillo is listed in Fodor's.

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 03:44 PM
Pat

Jen: <BR>Can you help with info on how to contact the Hotel La Rabida in Seville? Thanks, Pat