Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   travelling from italy to greece (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/travelling-from-italy-to-greece-855042/)

feighery Aug 17th, 2010 08:30 AM

travelling from italy to greece

Hi all
ive a apartment in sunny beach bulguria,we have been there last 5 years and altough we travel to other places for weekends during the year....we feel we want to try a different holiday for a change and yet go back to our pals in sunny beach,so we are thinking of getting a cheap ryanair flight to italy stay a night or two than ferry to greece again a night or two maybe more than to turkey and up into bulguria....for 3 weeks and fly direct home to dublin....i will have my wife and 2 sons 10/16 we will be travelling light and cheap...i cant get july timetables etc for ferries.....any 1 any ideas

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2010 08:45 AM

Italy to Greece

www.superfast.com

www.minoan.gr

www.grimaldi-lines.com

www.bluestarferries.com

for starters

pookymimi Aug 17th, 2010 08:47 AM

This is not a trip report.

fmpden Aug 17th, 2010 09:22 AM

And why is it tagged for Ireland?

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2010 10:09 AM

those country tags are at times put on by default by Fodor's - i have writ things about say Britain that were tagged, not by me, Ukraine, etc.

feighery Aug 17th, 2010 10:25 AM

any1 any ideas

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2010 10:37 AM

I have done it in reverse - went from Istanbul down the coast by bus - stopping at Ephesus - sterling archaelogical site and then taking a boat from the town nearby (Kusadasi) to Samos, a Greek island just off the Turkish coast. From there i hopped ferries - lots of service - via stops in Patmos, Rhodes and Mykonos to Athens (overnight ferries possible to from Athens)

Athens to Patras by train or bus - ferries to Italy - several different ports like Brindisi, Ancona, etc. Would be a sweet 3-week trip and easily done

feighery Aug 17th, 2010 10:40 AM

DONT UNDERSTOOD.....WHAT YOU MEAN TRIP REPORT

feighery Aug 17th, 2010 10:42 AM

tks palen....

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2010 11:04 AM

feighery - when first posted there was an orange flag to the left of the title that indicated this post was a Trip Report -you telling about your trip AFTER you can back - you may have accidentally checked 'Trip Report' when posting?

Anyway some editor has removed that tag - now how did Ireland get there - again may have been inadvertent

anyway you are probably a novice FodorPosterer so may not know the ropes

anyway if your thread sinks into the Fodors Black Hole you can always do what FodorGarchs calling topping a thread - just putting into the response box at the bottom something like:

ttt

meaning topping this thread (i think it means this but not sure!)

PalenQ Aug 17th, 2010 11:16 AM

ttt

feighery Aug 19th, 2010 12:24 PM

thanks palen i only joined that day...im from ireland and i clicked on it.....thought that what it meant