My husband and I are travelling throughout Europe for a month, with an 8 month old son. I have already booked the majority of our transportation- ranging from flights, cars and one train.
Then, a moment of panic set in.
I have read areas where the train webpage says "must make reservation of children, even though they travel for free":
"Seat, couchette and other reservations must be made even for a child traveling for free and still requires a reservation fee" -- Trenilita webpage
Now, I know it refers to a 'child' but, similar to a flight, you always put in the infants information-- there is no area for this for infants on the Italian Trains (where I have been focusing my efforts)
I am hoping someone can put me at ease: since infants travel for free-- is there any 'reservation' I have to make for him? Or, can we easily take him aboard with a purchased adult ticket?
Also, if you have travelled with an infant and care to share any tips... that is always appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 2 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 8 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 9 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 10 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 15 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 18 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 23 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 paris to london- day trip