Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Traveling to Venice...Room for an Extra T-Shirt? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/traveling-to-venice-room-for-an-extra-t-shirt-618865/)

Midnightsun May 27th, 2006 07:10 AM

Traveling to Venice...Room for an Extra T-Shirt?

Hello, anyone going to Venice in the next few months. If you will buy me an Ae Oche T-shirt, I'll buy one for you as well. In the process you'll get a chance to have some of Venice's best pizza. Last summer my wife and I rented an apartment in Venice near Campo San Giacomo dall'Orio. Just off the campo is an excellent pizzeria, Ae Oche. We ate there a couple of times, and I wanted to get one of their T-shirts, which read "Pazzo per Pizza" (Crazy for Pizza). They were selling for 10 euro, which seemed quite reasonable. Alas, when we were there, they had only small and medium. I was looking for an extra large or maybe a large. The proprietor said he would have new T-shirts any day, but it didn't happen while we were there. I thought about writing and asking the restaurant to send a T-shirt, but I wasn't sure (a) if the address I had was sufficient and (b) how much I should include for postage. So, here's my proposal. If you will be in Venice and think you can get to Ae Oche, I'll send you a 20 Euro note. You can buy me a T-shirt and buy one for yourself. When you get back to the States, we can figure out shipping. In the event of multiple offers, I reserve the right to choose the person who sounds most likely to be having a pizza at Ae Oche. Thanks in advance for reading my post!

Midnightsun May 28th, 2006 11:46 AM

TTT

Midnightsun Jun 3rd, 2006 08:07 AM

TTT2

Betsy Jun 3rd, 2006 08:31 AM

Wish I were going. I'd be glad to do this for you. If you want to throw in the price of a RT ticket, we've got a deal!

baldworth Jun 3rd, 2006 08:36 AM

Can you buy the t-shirt without eating pizza in the restuarant? I wouldn't mind getting you the shirt but will only be in Venice the one day and don't want to restrict my lunch choices before I get there. Plus, I would need very specific directions as the only other time I was there I found it very easy to get turned around.

Baldworth

baldworth Jun 3rd, 2006 08:37 AM

By the way, we leave on the 19th and won't get back until the 18th of July.

Baldworth

Midnightsun Jun 3rd, 2006 09:38 AM

Baldworth: If you'd like specific directions to Ae Oche, I can give you directions from Campo San Giacomo dall'Orio. I'm sure you can buy a T-shirt without having lunch at Ae Oche, but since you're only going to be in Venice one day, I certainly don't want to take away from your enjoyment of the city. The location of Campo San Giacomo is in Santa Croce. If you exit the Campo to the south on Calle del Tintor, you will come to Ae Oche in about 75 yards. It is pretty much in the location of number 6 on this map:
http://www.bellereti.com/jzimm/Venice/SGiacomo.html
So if you'd like a little adventure and if you'll be in that area of Venice, drop me an e-mail, and I'll send out the payment for the T-Shirt. I'll be away much of the time you're traveling, so that won't be a problem. BTW, Ae Oche may be closed on Mondays, although I don't think that's true in the summer.

P.S. Betsy, the RT ticket makes the price too high, but thanks for the offer.

baldworth Jun 3rd, 2006 11:07 AM

Yes, I think I'll pass on this one as it might take up more of my only day than necessary. I wish I could help you. If you don't get any takers and I happen by the place I'll pick you one up anyway. I wear extra large also so it won't be hard to remember.Sorry

Baldworth

ekscrunchy Jun 3rd, 2006 11:22 AM

I guess you have considered this but in case not, and you are still without takers for your request, what about just calling them and asking if they can charge your credit card and mail it to you?

Eloise Jun 3rd, 2006 12:17 PM

Here's the telephone listing:

Pizzeria Ae Oche
30135 Venezia (VE)
S. Croce, 1552/B
041 5241161

C3Baker Jun 3rd, 2006 02:10 PM

Are you still looking for someone to pick you up a T-shirt? We'll be in Venice in mid-July and would love the suggestion on somewhere to get great pizza (taking our two teenage kids with us!). Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] if you still need help with this.

LoveItaly Jun 3rd, 2006 05:15 PM

ttt for Midnightsun.