Joannah123 on Feb 9, 16 at 1:20pm
Dear Cavegirl, I appreciated your comments regarding Puglia and Monopoli and Ostuni. I wonder if you could give me some advice or anyone else out there who has an opinion. My husband and I will be in Puglia this June/July for 6 nights, we will have a car. We are in Fasano for three nights for a wedding in an Airbnb. We would like to stay either in Monopoli or Ostuni for the next three nights and plan to visit Trani, Polignano, Monopoli, Lecce (if possible) Cisterino. The wedding is only one day, so we will have that time too to drive around. We arrive on June 29 and will either drive to stay in Monopoli or Ostuni - which town do you think would be nicer to stay in, we will definitely visit both. Thanks so much!
yorkshire on Feb 9, 16 at 1:40pm
hi joannah, you might want to start a new thread, as sometimes it gets confusing hopping onto an old thread, but I would decide based on the accommodations you like and how much driving you wish to do in any given day. For example, it is about 2 hours from Ostuni to Trani, and it is about an hour from Monopoli to Lecce. From Fasano, you could visit Trani, Polignano, and Monopoli in one day, as they are small and close together. You could also probably even squeeze in Cisternino. However, the closing times in most towns means you want to visit in the morning and evenings.
I found google maps to be fairly accurate in estimating drive times.
What airport? Ostuni is probably equidistant from both Bari and Brindisi.
Joannah123 on Feb 11, 16 at 12:09am
Hey, thank you. good advice. From what I gathered from the internet, I thought Polignano might be the most fun and would be a nice place to kick back after flying in from NY, but alas I couldnt find the right accommodations, so we went with Ostuni (if my reservation is accepted) I think I will take your advice and visit trani, Polignano and Monopoli when we are in Fasano plus cisterino, and Ceglie Messapica seems worth visiting too. We fly into Bari and will rent our car there, were fairly good at using gps, either on our phone or before with google maps. I settled on two Airbnbs just because they both seemed nice, otherwise, we would have stayed in a hotel. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back here soon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL &Email Password Reset Contact Now 1:844:853:3131 AOL Tec*h care By Yes!
- 2 Current plan for March trip
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 6 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 13 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 14 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 15 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 16 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 beware of robbed in Milan
- 19 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Paris November 2017
Joannah123 on Feb 9, 16 at 1:20pm