My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon to the Greek Ilses and the Amalfi Coast for late summer/early fall.
He has a severe tree nut allergy. Totally fine with peanuts, peanut oil, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut (surprisingly people ask about the last one all the time, too).
Big problem: ALL other nuts - walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, pecans, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, macadamia, etc.
He can be around them and even touch them, but absolutely cannot ingest them or have any cross contamination, or else he has to use an epi-pen immediately and take massive amounts of Benadryl. His throat closes, can't breathe, breaks out in hives and gets very swollen. Hospital trips are sometimes necessary if it's super serious and that's the last place we want to visit on our honeymoon. We will be bringing two dozen epi-pens with us just in case!!
Any recommendations of what to say or specific phrases? How familiar are people with this type of allergy? What should we avoid? (Other than my beloved baklava and favorite Nutella coated snacks )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 2 MCAFEE INSTALLATION ☎ 1~888~279:0246 ERROR Contact Now ☎ Tec*h CALL.☎24x7*
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 6 beware of robbed in Milan
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 17 Which Area in London?
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 22 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 Paris November 2017