Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I'm traveling to meet my sister in London this summer and I need help deciding how much time I'll need for customs and to go back through security in Frankfurt, Germany. My flight arrives in Frankfurt at 8:45 AM. I have two options to either fly out at 12:00 PM to London (leaving approx 3 hours) or at 2:00 (leaving approx 5 hours). I don't know if 3 hours will be pushing it and risk the chance of missing that flight. Thank you in advance!

Kathryn
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:39 AM

Where are you flying from? Is the ticket from Frankfurt a separate purchase from the ticket Frankfurt? Will you have checked luggage?
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 10:46 AM

If you are arriving into and departing from Frankfurt am Main, 3 hours should be fine. Of course, there can always be delays, and Frankfurt is large, but it is efficient.
Five hours would be overkill, IMHO.

Why are you not flying straight into London? Given the extra time and cost of another flight, it might be good to just change the first flight if you can.

Can you book through on the same airline? They would then have the responsibility for getting you onto the next flight.

If you must go through Frankfurt, which airline are you taking from Frankfurt to London?

I ask that because some companies, like RyanAir, list Frankfurt and once in a while people do not realize they fly out of Frankfurt Hahn, not Frankfurt am Main.
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

I am flying from Atlanta, Georgia. It is a separate ticket purchase and I will have one bag checked. I got a really good deal flying into Frankfurt rather than London. I didn't think of trying to change my flight for an extra fee, might make more sense and cut down on timing. I will have to see if I am able to do that.

I am flying KLM into Frankfurt and then would be flying Lufthansa to London.

I don't know how the airport is there. I'm assuming I will have to go through customs, grab my bag, check in for my new flight and go through security. It seems as 3 hours is just enough time as long as there are no delays. I would have no room for error ��

Thanks again!
Kathryn
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 12:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Three hours is fine as long as your plane from Atlanta is ok, two hours would be enough imo. I have done it with an hour connection to Florence.
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 12:06 PM

<i>I am flying KLM into Frankfurt </i>

Flight number please as it sounds more like a codeshare unless you have a connection also in Amsterdam also
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 12:29 PM

It must obviously be a Delta flight if it is nonstop from ATL, but I don't see what difference it makes if she is getting a Lufthansa flight. Both Delta from ATL, and KLM from AMS fly into terminal 2 at Frankfurt.
Old Jun 25th, 2016, 05:40 AM

Non stop flight from ATL operated by Delta