Traveling in Paris with kids

Aug 27th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Traveling in Paris with kids

I have read some of the posts regarding transportation and prices around Paris-from the airport, etc. I also understand the differences in the various passes. What I can't seem to find is if there are any discounts for children. Does anyone know? Thanks!
Aug 27th, 2003, 06:59 AM

I think this is what you need:

http://www.ratp.fr/

Click on TRAVEL GUIDE, then under TICKETS click on ALL TYPES and you will get a list of prices and discounts for children.
Aug 27th, 2003, 07:03 AM

Oops, it's coming up differently.

After getting to that Web site, click on ENGLISH, then on the next page click on PARIS VISITE, then follow as above.

Wish the RATP site were arranged so I could just give you the link.
Aug 27th, 2003, 07:24 AM

you can get to that URL, here it is
http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/
Eng/index.htm

if you click at lower left, you get info on Paris Visite prices, which do have discounts for children. This is the tourist metro pass. The discounts are quite good for children age 4-11 yrs (ie, a 3 day pass zones 1-3 is only 9.15 euro for kids lt 12, 18.25 euro for adults). I think kids under 4 are free. Paris Visite prices are changing in October, I think.

YOu can get children's discounts on indiv. metro tickets or a carnet, also--again, about 50 pct for kids less than 10 yrs. I don't think there are any children's discounts for the Carte Orange or Mobilis passes as there are none listed in the pricing schedule on RATP (no tarif reduit)--probably because these are geared to commuters and local children can get long-term reduced passes over a year. If someone has bought such a thing at a reduced price, hopefully, they will post with details.

There is something called a ticket jeune for holidays, Saturdays or Sundays at only 3-4 euro per day for 3 zones which I think may be like a Mobilis for kids. There wouldn't be much need as you can get a carnet of 10 reduced tariff tickets for only about 5 euro.

You will not see these fares on the above link for tourists, they are only on the French web section
http://www.citefutee.com/informer/
reductions.php

I think the Paris Visite or reduced fare carnets would work.
Aug 27th, 2003, 07:41 AM

A minor thing, Christina, but your link gives just the prices of the Paris Visite options, and I wanted to give jewelldday more options.

Search this Thread