Reload this Page >

Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 06:40 AM
cynthia

We would like some information on sites between Madrid and Barcelona. Is it worth the drive or should we just fly? Thanks!!

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Art

Unless you want to visit some of the very interesting spots between them, it is a long drive and I would fly. We were there last month and took the AVE train from Madrid to Seville, spent some time there then picked up a car and drove to Algecera, took a tour to Morocco, visited the Rock, on to Granda for the Alhambra then drove to Barcelona. <BR>The AVE train is a wonderful experiance if you've never been on one. I would prefer to do all of my traveling on bullet trains if they ran everywhere. As fast as flying when you consider the airport wait time etc and much more comfortable.

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 12:48 PM
Don

There's nothing and you can fly for under $60-it's a 7 hour train ride to see nothing.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 04:08 PM
Chris

I would love to know how to fly Madrid-Barcelona for $60. Is this one-way? <BR>Also interested in knowing which towns/cities surrrounding Barcelona are great places to do short day tours. <BR>Thanks!

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 02:35 AM
nevado

Try SpanAir, AirEuropa, or Iberia for the fare. The dollar is so strong it makes everything unbelievably cheap! The airport in Barcelona will be a bit of a taxi ride. <BR>As for sights, you must visit Monserrat and if you have time Tarragona offers some wonderful Roman ruins. To the north is the Dali Museum in Figueras and the Costa Brava with its rugged coast deserves a drive.