Travel with 3 teens for 3 weeks.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are traveling with our two teenagers plus a friend, ages 15,16,17 for three weeks. Our current itinerary is this. We will be just outside of Salzburg Austria for one week. We have a condo here. We will have a car. Would love suggestions from anyone who has stayed in this area. From Salzburg I am unsure of our next move Train,car. We have one week before arriving at villa we rented in Panzano (just outside of Florence.) Have considered train to Venice, then Cinque Terra, maybe Lake Garda maybe Santa Margherita Ligure.I would love to hear any suggestions. How many nights in Venice with teens? Which area is best to stay in? Any hotel suggestions for Venice. We will be ending our journey in Rome for 3 nights.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Have the teens expressed any preferences or have an interest in trip planning?

On Fodors I often see parents asking questions along these lines. While over on Lonely Planet's board I see kids this age funding and planning their own solo backpacking trips to Europe.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Suzi, yes they do have interest I have given them each a city to research in terms of history, sites to see etc. But they are open to whatever we want to do. Thanks for the tip on Lonely planet I will have them check that out.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:56 AM

I'm just off to Venice on Wednesday 6th with 4 children, aged almost 16, 14 and 12yo twins for 6 days. Will let you know how we get on and the most favoured places! I plan to give them each a map, money and a mobile phone and let them get on with exploring on their own (or in pairs)most of the time. After all, they can't get run over, the canals are not very deep, and you cannot get seriously lost ( a little bit lost is good fun!) Have reserved Venicecards, so as long as they don't lose those they can go anywhere for 6 euros a day, and they get lots of discounts too at shops and restaurants (including Macdonalds!). Hotels I can't suggest - I have rented an apartment just behind Piazza San Marco - I did feel a central location was important so they could find their way back easily. Only problem one of them is in a wheelchair right now after an ankle injury - such is life!Anyway, will be in touch at the end of next week!
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Julia, Thank you can't wait to hear what you loved and didn't love. Buon Viaggio