travel to Siena, need help

Jan 4th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Kathy

travel to Siena, need help

O.K., I've been to Siena, but I was with a driver so here'my question. How do you actually get to a hotel? We will be staying in Rome and then Siena and do not plan to rent a car. Should we take a train to Florence and then a bus to Siena? If so, then what? If I remember correctly, it's a really, really long walk to get into the center of Siena from where the cars are parked. Do buses take you right in or should we get a cab from where the bus takes us. We don't have a hotel yet and could use a recommendation for one that's quaint and in a central location. Second part of question, if we decide to rent a car at the Rome airport, how difficult is it to get out of Rome? I would rather walk 20 miles than be in Rome in a car!!

Jan 4th, 2003, 06:28 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Train to Siena thru Chiusi and then taxi to your hotel--the train station is outside the town. Your budget will determine hotel options.

Jan 4th, 2003, 11:11 AM
sis

As to renting a car at the Rome airport, you do not have to go into Rome at all. When you leave the airport and head east, you hit the ring road and go north. Not a bad drive if you have need of a car. If you plan to spend your time IN SIENA, then you don't need a car and should take train as Bob specifies above.

Jan 4th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Carroll

We flew into Florence and took the bus to Siena and a taxi to the hotel. The closest taxi stand is located a few blocks from where the bus stops. It is across from the (I hate to say this) McDonald's. Our hotel was Pensione Palazzo Ravizza, and we were pleased with it and the location.

Search this Thread