Travel To Paris and Switzerland

Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel To Paris and Switzerland

Hi, I am planning to visit Paris and Switzerland for 8-9 dyas with my family (2 adult and 2 children-8 and 10 yrs) in Mid of June. I am thinking to fly from Toronto to Paris CDG airport and stay 4 nights in Paris. Then I want to go Switzerland from train to Interlaken. Jungfraujoch area and want to stay 4 nigths there and then want to fly from Swtizerland to Toronto.
Please help to provide instruction how I can manage the trip. Please provide and guide with Day 1.. Day2… Day3… Day4……..Day9 so that I can manage trip with your expert guidance. Thanks a lot
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Hi, I am planning to visit Paris and Switzerland for 8-9 dyas with my family (2 adult and 2 children-8 and 10 yrs) in Mid of June. I am thinking to fly from Toronto to Paris CDG airport and stay 4 nights in Paris. Then I want to go Switzerland from train to Interlaken. Jungfraujoch area and want to stay 4 nigths there and then want to fly from Swtizerland to Toronto.
Please help to provide instruction how I can manage the trip. Please provide and guide with Day 1.. Day2… Day3… Day4……..Day9 so that I can manage trip with your expert guidance. Thanks a lot
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 10:52 AM

Paris-Interlaken book early as possible at www.oui.sncf forf sweet discounted tickets - in Jungfrau Region either use Half-Off Card (sold loclally at stations - if taking Jungfraubahn half-off almost pays for the pass and get 50% off everything that moves - or if traveling about a lot look at Jungfraubahn Pass - great info Swiss trains check www.sbb.ch; www.ricksteves.com; Èü¶÷ÌØÓ׶ùÔ°É豸ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾ and BETS-European Rail Experts.

Kids under 15 traveling with a parent get a free Family Pass where no matter what the parent(s) pay for transit they always go free - again at local stations.
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 10:54 AM

We are not travel guides here but people with an interest in travel. You have given no indication of your interests or plans. I recommend buying or borrowing from a library guide books for Paris and Switzerland and doing some research. Once you have an idea of what you might like to see or do posters here would be happy to give their opinions and suggestions.
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 11:00 AM

The way to manage your trip is to do your own research with guidebooks, maps, and internet sites, or hire someone to do it for you. Then come back with a tentative pland and the volunteers here will help you tweak it if necessary.
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 11:03 AM

meant to type www.ricksteves.com.
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 11:35 PM

Look what I found! Your post of 2016.

Vacation Tour in Europe countries
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 06:41 AM

Paris 4 days
Train to Interlaken (better than flying to Zurich and taking train to Interlaken)
Take mountain train to a mountain village like Grindelwald or Wengen - latter a perpetual favorite with Fodorites.
Base in Wengen 4 nights

Potpourri of things to do from Wengen.

Trains to Jungfraujoch and perpetual ice and snow - walk to nearby tip of Aletsch Glacier, longest galcier in Alps.

Day trip to Interlaken and do a boat ride on either of two lakes bookending Interlaken - each has several neat things along their shores

Do some easy hiking like from Wengen by cable car to The Mannlichen - the then walk the very easy and wide two-mile or so trail to Kleine Scheidegg - trains back to Wengen.

And on and on. Lots of past threads on this area.

Train to Zurich for final night or right to plane if time allows it.
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 10:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The basic itinerary of your trip sounds OK. I have to agree with others that at this point a few guidebooks, so your family can look at photos and read about the various options of things to see and do, would help you figure out your day-by-day agenda.
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 11:22 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=jung...hrome&ie=UTF-8

this is my top recommended place in Switzerland to easily see the awesome high Alps -easy because public transit is so so good - a myriad of mountain-climbing toy trains and thrilling aerial gondolas going off it all directions - hiking paths from those baby strollers can negotiation to ones needing special gear.

Kids that age will love the Ballenberg Open-Air Museum high above Lake Brienz - wonderful day out - boat to Brienz and postal bus to Ballenberg.
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 11:30 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=ball...w=1503&bih=738

Ballenberg Open-Air Museum.

Great day out - boat Interlaken - Geissbach Falls stop - re-board for Brienz - town famous for its intricately fashioned wooden chalet-style houses - steam train up mountain - bus to Ballenberg and back to Brienz for trains back to Interlaken. All covered by Swiss Pass save steam train 50% off - pass even garners free entry to Ballenberg.
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Hi, I have booked my flights for Paris. Now I have to choose hotels. I will stay 5 days in Paris and then travel to Switzerland (Interlaken area - Jungfrau Region) and will stay 5 days there.
Now my questions are below for help.
a. Hotel recommendation in Paris. Budget CAN$150-$250 (First preference) and Can$200-300 (2nd preference)
b. Travel help from Paris to Switzerland (Interlaken area - Jungfrau Region). What will be the fare approx. for 2 adult and 2 kids (8 and 12)
c. Hotel recommendation in Switzerland. Budget CAN$150-$250 (First preference) and Can$200-$350 (2nd preference). Should I stay in Wengen area or other area is good for easy transportation.
d. Fly from Zurich OR Geneva to Airport. Which will be convenient for me.
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Hi, I was in Wengen in July 18 with my son and stayed at the Schoenneg Hotel right in Wengen. I found it to be a lovely, small, very nice hotel with great breakfast/dinner. While it may be a bit more than your lower amount, it was a perfect place for us. The Jungfrau and Monch mtns are over the village and the edge of the Eiger. Absoultely amazing scenery, then the lift takes you up to the Mannlichen sort of a big plateau area for awesome hiking. This was the most amazing place. Ask for room facing the village and mountains. There was a playground area as I recall right near the lift, which is about a block from the hotel. Great place to visit and hotel to stay in. Not the fanciest, but very nice, also nice little patio for drinks. Sue book early Train runs right into the village.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 02:22 AM

Whether you fly home from Zurich, Basel or Geneva, you will have one train change if you come from Interlaken:
either at Berne (for Zurich or Geneva) or at Basel (from train to airport bus).
The journey times to all 3 airports are similar. All trains run every 30 minutes.

Paris - Interlaken train fares: have a look at https://en.oui.sncf/en/

Will you stay at Interlaken all the time or will you go into the mountains (wheather permitting)?
In the latter case you may have a look at
http://www.madeinbern.com/en/destina...frau-region-en
https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-ch/...om-abroad.html
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

Hi, Can you please explain step by step that how I can go to Zurich OR Geneva airport from Wengen if I have flights time is 10:00AM morning. It means I will have to leave wengen at night to travel Zurich OR Geneva Airport?
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 05:09 AM

For flights to USA or Israel you will have to be at the airport around 7am, for other non Schengen flights around 8am and for flights within Schengen around 8.30.
There is of course not the slightest hope to reach either Zurich or Geneva from such a remoted place as Wengen for the first 2 categories. You will have to sleep at either Zurich airport or Geneva airport (many hotels).
For intra Schengen flights, you may leave Wengen at 5.12 and arrive at Zurich airport at 8.16

" please explain step by step that how I can go to Zurich OR Geneva airport from Wengen"
Board your train at Wengen, change trains at Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken Ost and Bern and leave your train at the airport.

Trains to both airports leave Wengen about every 30 min until 19.03. Journey times: Wengen - ZRH 3 1/4 hrs, Wengen - GVA 4 hrs.
https://www.sbb.ch/en/
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 08:50 AM

And all those changes of train are a snap - especially at Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken-Ost.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 10:39 AM

Hi me again, , OK we stayed in Wengen in July of 18, it is about a 3 plus hr train to Zurich, with a couple changes that are not difficult. Trains are very much on time and very nice trains. You would be best to stay in Zurich for the night before a flight, ask on this site for a reasonable hotel in zurich, as it is quite expensive there. This way you do not have to be in a panic to get to the airport which would be most difficult for a morning flight. Also have a back pak for each child to be responsible for, to carry their daily items and to remove the responsibiltiy from the parents. I was very impressed by the European children who apparently do this regularly as very small children. Also Zurich has the nice little steam? boats that you can ride on the Lake and the children would enjoy that I think. Train comes right into Wengen and Swiss rail pass gets you to neighboring villages, lifts, boats, all inclusive for most I think.
Sue
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 12:48 PM

Yup Swiss Passes all-inclusive for trains and boats but most cables 50% off - some are fully covered if they actually link any two real towns or hamlets - like ones Lauterbrunnen to Murren and Gimmelwald to Murren and Stechelberg/Lauterbrunnen. Children under 15 (16?) get a free Family Pass and never pay a franc for anything adults have pass or ticket for. Many things are expensive in Switzerland but a Swiss Pass can be a great bargain - depending of course on how much you use it.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi, Can I stay Saturday night at Wengen if my flight in Zurich is on Sunday at 6:25PM. Is it possible to reach the airport easily? I have some option to pick the time in the evening to travel from Zurich to Toronto

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -