Travel to Greece in April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the first week of April, I have 6 full days in Greece i and out of Athen, if I keep 2 days for Athen, 1)Do I have enought time to do Delphi including, Osios Lokas, Arachova), Corinth, Nafplion, and Santorini. maybe Meteora? I love to see an island, more about the views than getting into the water? So another beautiful island could do. 2) Is there an efficient bus service that could link Delphi, Corinth, Nafplion and Meteora and not going back to Athen? 3) What is your favorite itineray any one could recommend that including Delphi? 4) Would adding one more day make any significant difference this time? Thanks!
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:58 AM

If you cross the Channel of Corinth and travel to Nafplion you are on an island.
H.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

That is a good point. If I need to choose one place as my base to explore Peloponnese by public transportation, which one will be? Nafplion? Mycenae? Tripolis? or any place?
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:39 PM

Wotravel - you received some replies on your last post regarding this itinerary. Just click on your name to find your old post.

No. Your plans are unfeesible in the amount of time you have alotted. In only six days you need to really assess what your priorities are. I have travelled in Greece extensively by public bus and though this is a fine way to get around it is more time consuming than renting a car. I put a link to the bus schedules on your other post.

Maybe some of these possible itinerarys not including Athens.

1. Fly to Santorini x 3 nights
2. Fly to Athens and bus to Nafplion x 1 night.
3. Bus to Athens in afternoon x 2 nights

or

1. Fly to Santorini x 3 nights
2. Fly to Athens and bus to Delphi x 1 nights.
3. Bus back to Athens in afternoon x 2 nights.

or

1. Fly into Athens and bus to Kalambaka x 2 nights
2. Bus down to Delphi x 1 night
3. Bus to Athens in afternoon then on to Nafplion 2 night.
4. Bus to Athens x 1 night
***I think this is way too much bus travel personally - but if those sites are most important than make it happen.

or

1. Fly to Santorini for 2 nights
2. Fly to Athens bus to Delphi x 1 nights.
3. Bus to Athens then on to Nafplion x 2
4. Bus to Athens x 1 night
**I also think this is too much myself personally.

Wotravel. You want to enjoy your time, not only see the inside of buses and bus stations. It just gives you an excuse to return to this lovely country.

Be reasonable with your expectations.

Regards,

Molly

Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM

I meant "including Athens"! MB
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
Original Poster

Molly, I have read your other message. Thanks a lot. I have booked my tickets in and out of Athens. I wish I could have more time, but like you said, next time. I still have a while to play around with my itineray and search for hotels. Any good basic hotel you could recommend in Delphi and Nafplio?
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 05:01 AM

In order to save money and time,you may consider to do Delphi in one day,returning in Athens the same evening,and then leaving early next morning for either Kalambaka,either Peloponnese,according to your final shedule...(There is an early bus leaving Athens to Delphi I think about 6 or 7.00 am. Then last bus from Delhi to Athens leaves at 6.00 pm) An other option would be staying in Delphi for one night, then next morning leaving to Kalambaka.(You have to change bus in various stations,I think thats bus Delphi=>Amfissa=>Larissa=>Kalambaka, and it's not running every day. I think departs Delphi station about 10.30 am) Sorry,I can't help more about timetables... If you decide to spend a night in Delphi,you may want to concider staying in one of these hotels (same owners,so common site):
www.panartemis.gr
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 08:04 AM

http://www.hotelsofgreece.com/pelopo...ron/index.html
this is a reasonably priced nice hotel in Nafplion with an excellent location