Reload this Page >

Travel Steam Iron

Search

Travel Steam Iron

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:02 AM
ken

Travel Steam Iron

In most of our travels in Europe, we have stayed in rental houses where almost always there is an iron and ironing board to smooth out wrinkles especially from my cotton or cotton/linen shirts after wash. This year we will be staying in hotels and B&B's. I was planning on bringing a travel steam iron because I know most hotels won't have irons in the room. What kind do you suggest? (I refuse to walk all over Paris and Venice with wrinkles on my shirts).<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:05 AM
ken

BTW: we will be on the road for 3 1/2 weeks so we will do at least a couple of laundry and it is after drying that I don't know what to do with my shirts without the iron.

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:08 AM
BuyMine

I bought a Rowenta steam iron for this purpose. It's heavy, bulky and we never use it. Either buy apparel that doesn't wrinkle or pay for the ironing service.

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Suzy

Even though there aren't irons right in every rom, most hotels and B&Bs will have one you can borrow.

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:17 AM
janis

A few years ago I bought a wonderful dual voltage travel iron and have used it EXACTLY ONCE. Save the money - either use a loaner from the B&B or go slightly wrinkled.

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:13 PM
elvira

Better than a steam iron, get a small steamer (much lighter weight)- I have both, used each once, prefer to go wrinkled rather than lug them around. My (non-steam, but has a spray) dual-voltage iron and the steamer (single voltage, needs a converter) are both made by Remington. Most hotels and b&bs have irons in the rooms or you can borrow from the front desk.

Old May 18th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Alyssa

Hi Ken,<BR><BR>I have a light weight American Tourister steam iron which doesn't need a converter (it's already built in) and <BR>I only needed the plug adapter. Works great.<BR><BR>