I'm planning my first trip to Europe in early Aug and would like to seek some advice on my planned schedule. I'll be on my own for most of the time (first few days i'll have friend with me) so i'll prefer to travel in safer areas. i'm very interested in culture & architecture; would also want to spend some time in the beach. So, below is my schedule
D1-3: Paris (havnt' planned much yet but i guess it's not too hard as i'll just visit those must-go spots)
D4: take iDTGV to Nice in the morning
D5-6: Nice (will mostly spend time in the beach and walk around the city)
D6: Fly from Nice to Barcelona in the evening, and will arrive barcelona at around 10pm. Guess not an issue as the airport bus operates till midnight??
D7-10: Barcelona. Except for those popular spots, is there any day trip i can go with easy access? im not driving and most probably i can only join groups
D10: take train from Barceloan to Madrid
D11-13: Madrid --> the question is that so many ppl talk about the heat in Madrid in Aug. Im a bit hesitated should i go to other cities in Spain instead of Madrid? And on D13, i need to take a flight back to Paris to catch my return flight. So the place must have direct flight to Paris. I saw someone recommend San Sebastian but i found there's not direct flight back to Paris (do not want to spend a few more hours for transfer flight). Or is it i can still find a way to survive when traveling in Madrid in Aug?
Sorry for the really long message.
Thank you in advance for your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Favorite London memories
- 3 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 4 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 5 Ronda or Jerez
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 two days in rome
- 11 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 12 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Avignon
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Budget trip
- 21 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Provence Trip Report