Long time I didn't see a quizz or something like that, so I figured we could share some blunders or mistakes that we did when traveling.
We are all well-travelled (like that word, for whatever that means), but we all do mistakes, let us recount some (probably the funny ones, not the embarrasing ones).
A tout seigneur, tout honneur, I'll start
1. I was to meet somebody in Aalborg, Denmark, he gave me the details for the meeting to which I didn't pay attention. So I booked a flight to Denmark : in my mind, DK has only one airport (like Belgium : small country, so ...) therefore I landed in Copenhagen and went into a taxi at about midnight telling the guy I was to go to Aalborg, which he told me in fits of laugh was 400 kms away...
2. I was to meet somebody in US, she told me 'we are close to Boston'. Didn't plan further, arrived at airport, took the car, and then opened a map : the place was 2,5 to 3 hours away ! Close for US people, a looooong way for a Belgian
3. I was at an airport, at say - gate 32 overlooking gate 31 from which my flight departed. I fell asleep whilst waiting and my flight left without me.
I've done worse but won't tell you
So what about you ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800 : 681 : 72O8 INSTALLATIONS CONTACT HP TEC*H CARE 24/6
- 2 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 9 Portugal
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 Scotland ideas
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 21 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.