Travel Inn County Hall

Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Travel Inn County Hall

Price is right, location is a good place in London...shall I go for 7 nights?
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:27 AM

County Hall Travel Inn is not a "character" property. But the rooms are modern and clean - and the Location is great.

(Are you getting a discount? In normal times the TI is a great bargain, but with all the discounts available all over London you can get great deals for other nice places.)
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Then perhaps I should look for discounts. I think this was about 83 a night. I would like character, but since this sounded so reasonable, I thought maybe the best bet...especially location..and a decent place to sleep.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:40 AM

Hi, my family stayed their for 8 nights at Christmas Time and it was great. I like to use the bus more than the Tube because you could see more and it's more fun. You can get the boat at Westminster pier and of course the London Eye is just around the building. This is important for timing the best weather in which to ride the Eye.

Loved walking across the Westminster Bridge and the Waterloo Bridge at night.

We arrived on the Eurostar from Paris so the Waterloo station was minutes away. The room cost about $125 per night for 2 adults and 2 children.

==Mike
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Mike...this is good to know. This place has been recommended on here many times...so I am glad to hear you found it suitable.