We are traveling to France in September. We are flying into Barcelona, spending one night there and taking a very early train into France. We are spending 5 days in the south and then 4 days in Paris.
My questions are mostly about the South of France because we do not want to rent a car. We would like to see Arles, Avignon, Orange, Nimes and possibly Aix en Provence and/ or Montpellier (though we are open to other suggestions). So a few questions:
1. Should we pick one home-base (was thinking Arles) and then travel by train to each of these places (or take a bus tour if there are any suggestions)? Maybe a day in Nimes, one day to do Avignon and Orange an then a third place? OR should we stay overnight in a few different places?
2. While we are excited to see all the amazing architecture, ruins etc. we are outdoors-y and would really like to hike somewhere (we may be willing to rent a car for the day if needed) any suggestions?
3. We also need a suggestion for a vineyard visit or wine tour to take if we can't train it to one.
Thanks for the help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Christmas Markets 2017
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Budget trip
- 5 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 6 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 7 Driving
- 8 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 9 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 10 Algarve Town Selection
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 paris to london- day trip
- 13 Browsing Barcelona
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 20 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Portugal
- 23 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help