Notices

Travel in South France by Bike?

Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Original Poster

Travel in South France by Bike?

I am planning a South Frace trip by bike with some friends in July, 2012.

The itinerary is: D1, Nice-Eze-Monaco-Nice; D2, Nice-Aix en Provence; D3, Aix en Provence-Arles; D4, Arles-les Baux-Avignon.

Can we travel by bike? If can, where can we rent bikes? Where can find clean and cheap Hotel or family Inn? And is the itinerary too rush?
Nov 23rd, 2011, 06:02 AM

By bike, do you mean motorcycle/motorbike, motto in French or bicycle, bicyclette in French?

Pages Jaunes lists 4 motto rentals in Nice and 5 bicyclette rental agencies.

I'm assuming you mean mottos, in which case your itinerary is very reasonable, longest distance being Nice to Aix which is roughly 183 km or 115 miles.

By bicyclette, well that depends on your skill level because while the distances aren't long for an experienced cyclist, the terrain is daunting. And, you need to find a rental agency that allows drop-off in another city. That applies to motto rental as well.

The chain Etap is reasonably priced for overnight stays. Many have gated car parks.

Web sites to help you plan: www.pagesjaunes.fr and www.viamichelin.com
Nov 23rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

thank you so much! we like to travel by bike not motto. The key point is if we can drop-off in another city. You mentioned bike rental anencies? Where to look for?
Nov 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM

feiying - You have duplicate posts and there are replies on your other thread. If I understood you correctly from your post it looks like you are trying to do this itinerary in 4 days. Is that correct? You should switch to responding to one thread only so people know where to respond.

Search this Thread