COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Travel Groups to Russia?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:57 AM
cathy

Travel Groups to Russia?

My husband and I want to visit Russia (probably Moscow and Saint Petersburg) late summer, and would prefer to travel with a group. What travel groups or agencies or tour companies do you recommend? What did you like or dislike about them?

Thanks to all in advance!

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Wayne

Cathy--
Odysseys International or Grand Circle Travel are two of the best. They aren't always the cheapest, but their guides are outstanding and they put you up in wonderful places. Their tours are always well structured and timed properly to allow you some time to enjoy it. I have no affiliation with these companies. I'm sure you will get lots of other good suggestions.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Debbie

Cathy-We used General Tours on our trip last summer. Very professional from start to finish. Not pressured to take optional tours. Excellent guides and drivers.

May I suggest you do a search with Russia as your text as there have been numerous, informative postings about this subject in the last few months.

Both cities are beyond imagination. It's like walking into a history book. Happy travels!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:27 AM
zz-top

I'm looking into the General Tours package to Russia this summer (3 days Moscow, 3 days St. Petersburg). Debbie, was that the one that you went on? Also was the weather pleasant during summertime?

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 11:46 AM
rudy

We're booked on a Viking River Cruises tour this spring, connecting Moscow and St. Petersburg through travel on the Volga River. We'll also be seeing medieval towns in the "Golden Ring". The cruise takes about two weeks, includes three meals a day, all tours, and airfare. I've never done this before, so I can't say what it will be like. I discovered Viking River Cruises on this site.