Reload this Page >

Travel from Stockholm to Oslo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 01:10 PM
Diane

What is the most scenic/enjoyable way to go from Stockholm to Oslo (train, car, ferry and car)? We're adding a quick trip after a business meeting and will only have 6 days. Could we squeeze in a trip to Copenhagen as well as Bergen? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 12:02 AM
Kaja

Hi, <BR>There are not much to see between Stockholm and Oslo other than trees. I suggest you either take a flight or the night train. (There are no ferries between Oslo and Stockholm) Instead use your time in Oslo and Bergen. Actually I think I would use most of the time in Bergen and the fjords around Bergen. It is a very beautiful area. <BR>Kaja

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 05:48 AM
Al

We second Kaja's remarks. The trip between Stockholm and Oslo is about as interesting as going across northern Minnesota. Oslo is expensive and rather dull. Sort of like St. Paul-by-the-Sea. Spend your time in the Bergen area; it's like British Columbia on steroids. Just stupendous.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 12:19 PM
Bob Brown

I am thinking now about a similar trip next year, so I looked at the train schedule between Stockholm and Oslo. <BR>On the schedule I saw, there are 3 connections to Oslo that involve no changes and the time is about 6 hours. <BR>The night train seems bad because the times are long - 14 hours - and at least 2 changes are involved.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 07:20 PM
Tony

For maximum enjoyment, skip Oslo altogether and fly direct Stockholm-Bergen, which will put you in the fiord area in less than 2 hours from Stockholm. <BR>Copenhagen is worth a visit if you can find the time and best route. Maybe fly again, or night train from Oslo.