Search

Travel from Paris to Rome via Ryanair

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel from Paris to Rome via Ryanair

Hi,

I am planning a family trip to Rome in early April and wanted to check if airfare prices via Ryanair from Paris (BVA) to CIA tend to go lower as you get closer to your departure date. I've been moniroting their prices and the range goes from 39.99 euros to 79.99 euros. I am planning a one-way trip to Rome from Paris on April 9 and hoping to get the lowest fare possible. Should I wait for a week or two and see if the prices will go down or should I just go ahead and book my flight. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
TM
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM

I found Vueling to be possibly cheaper and definitely more convenient as it leaves from Orly. In any case, price tend to go up as you get closer to the departure date and fewer seats remain available.

http://www.vueling.com/booking/fare-...EFINDER&ADULT=
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Paris BVA is the least convenient Paris airport. You might also try Easy Jet from Orly to Rome CIA. Typically, the cheapest seats on the budget airlines are sold early and prices go up the closer it gets to departure date.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 04:49 PM

We flew Paris-Rome via Ryan 4 years ago; we booked early from here, had to arrange a very early morning van pickup from our hotel to take us to BVA but it was as scheduled and dependable. Scheduled the van pick up from here as well. At BVA,there were no seat assignments, you lined up at gate. Be sure to check luggage weight restrictions; we had to pay quite alot for our luggage but considering the price of tix, it was still the best option at the time.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Agree with those who indicate that airfare will go up the closer to departure date.

Good luck and buon viaggio!
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks for your insights. I will go ahaed and book my flight and will definitely make note of all their restrictions (luggage weight/size, boarding passes, etc.) Hoping for an uneventful 2-hr flight via Ryanair!

Thanks again,
TM
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM

Ryanair is fine, as long as you absolutely follow the rules. But in many cases, the airports they use (ie Frankfurt Hahn) are not even close to the actual city and you get to tack on another charge for the shuttle bus and in many cases a substantial amount of travel time to and from the airports. Balance this when looking at your cost savings.
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 03:43 PM

I flew with Vueling airline last year FCO to Orly. ..Beauvais airport is so far from Paris that is not worth to save few Euros to land there.