Reload this Page >

travel from milan to venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Gail

Is it possible to travel from Milan to Venice by bus? If not by bus, can we travel by Eurostar? On the rail Europe Web Site it only listed the IC Trains and those aren't air conditioned. Please e-mail your answer to me.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 08:58 PM
Leslie

Don't know about buses. There is no Eurostar train between Milan and Venice. I took that train in April and was quite comfortable. Admittedly, didn't notice if it was airconditioned.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:40 AM
coco

What makes you think the trains are not air-conditioned? I have taken the train Milan-Venice several times in hot weather and it was always quite pleasant inside...never stopped to think about it, but guess I assumed it was ACed. If not, whatever was going on was just fine. [Was on train Milan-Florence several weeks ago and it, too, seemed pleasantly chilled.) Take an express as I have been on some local trains that were not cooled at all.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Tina

Gail: <BR> <BR>For that distance, you'd be much better off sticking with the trains. And although the InterCity (IC) trains aren't quite as nice as the EuroStar, they're comfortable enough --- though I do suggest you opt for first class accommadations. <BR> <BR>I've never traveled during summertime, so can't say whether or not the IC have A/C --- as a guess, I'd say yes. When it gets to the IR or Diretto (such a misnomer!), then I'd be concerned that they are not air conditioned.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 11:18 AM
jhm

I also took the train from Milan to Venice during the summer (midJuly) and never noticed it being particularly hot (believe me, I would have noticed), so I am inclined to think it has a/c. I would try to steer clear of the smoking cars, though, on any European train.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 11:21 AM
Myer

We went from Como-Milan_Venice the end of June a few years ago and didn't notice the train being uncomfortable. <BR> <BR>I would travel 1st class. Always more comfortable and often different people. <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 11:28 AM
elaine

Gail <BR>Try the fs-on-line website, perhaps it has more info for the Italian trains, as there is certainly more than one on that route <BR>When I went first class on the EC and on the Eurostar, they had a/c

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Beth

I was just on an IC train from Milan to Venice about a month ago -- we were in a first class compartment, and there was an AC unit in the compartment. I don't know about the 2nd class cars.