Travel from Lauterbrunnen to Nice

Aug 19th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Travel from Lauterbrunnen to Nice

I am just wondering what my options would be to travel from Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland to Nice, France. I know I will have to take a number of trains as there is not a direct route, but would a comination of flying and taking the train be better?
Aug 19th, 2013, 07:30 AM

By train all the way (three at a minimum, a good ten hours), or by train to Geneva airport (3:24 hrs) and then with easyJet to Nice - can be cheap, I see USD40 for mid-September (picked at random since I don't know your dates).
Aug 19th, 2013, 07:37 AM

Come to think of it, the train to Basel airport is slightly quicker, takes just under 3 hours including the airport bus from the Basel SBB train station. easyJet also flies to Nice from BSL but probably a bit more expensive.

easyJet doesn't fly out of Zürich airport, its fees are too high

Other airlines fly to Nice from all three Swiss airports mentioned above, more expensive of course - look at www.skyscanner.com
Aug 19th, 2013, 12:22 PM

Fares for flights from BRN to Nice start at 75 CHF (until mid September). Timetable:
Lauterbrunnen dp 12.03 - Bern airport ar 13.53, change at Interlaken, Thun and Belp. Bern airport (BRN) dp 14.55 - Nice airport (NCE) ar 16.05
http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
http://www.flyskywork.com/en