I am going to be departing on a Birthright Trip to Israel next week. I have extended my trip so that I may work at a camp in Turkey afterward. I made all of my plans well before any of the tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified at the end of May. I am becoming concerned that perhaps my plans should be adjusted because of this. I am just wanting some other points of view (besides my local media) on traveling in this situation... particularly from Israel. It is so difficult to get any accurate information here in the USA.
I will be picked up at the Istanbul airport by a representative from the camp I am volunteering at. So at no point will I be traveling alone, but I wanted to know your opinions on being a Jewish traveler (from the USA, flying from Israel) in Turkey at this time.
Thank you SO SO much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ZOHO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Trans Siberian Train
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 London vacation rental agency
- 18 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 19 South of France
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.