travel from cdg to paris

Sep 29th, 1999, 09:59 AM
kathryn james

travel from cdg to paris

There are 5 of us traveling to paris at the end of october. What is the most convenient and cost effective method for us to get from cdg to paris. Taxi (will we all fit in one cab) vs. rer?

Sep 29th, 1999, 10:15 AM
Lori

Kathryn,
if you do a search you will find lots of info on this subject. Five people will not fit in one cab however and unless you are traveling very light luggage wise I would not recommend REF/Metro. I'd opt for 2 cabs or the Shuttle. If you decide to use the Shuttle tell them there are 5 of you and perhaps you will have the entire van to yourselves as I think they only hold 6 anyway. Cab fare will run you (depending upon traffic and time of day) from $45 to $70 but if you are jet-lagged out it is well worth it.

Oct 2nd, 1999, 05:45 PM
marilyn

we always take the Air France bus from CDG to Paris-it cost 55 F per person 3 years ago. It has a couple stops that you can choose from and then you can take a cathere are cabs right there waiting) to your hotel. We stay in the 7th district and works well for us.

Oct 6th, 1999, 04:39 PM
sandy

KLM also has a shuttle. I think it was 135fr for one, 180fr for 2 and 90fr for each add'l person. Those are the return fares, I didn't thing the ride in from CDG was that much but I didn't save the receipt. There is a desk you can sign up at near arrival door 26. They leave every few minutes and will take you anywhere.

Oct 6th, 1999, 06:36 PM
bray

Just took a cab from CDG to (and from) the 8th last week. 200FF each way total for 2 and lots of luggage. Quick, direct to hotel door, low stress.