Notices

travel from Amsterdam

Feb 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

travel from Amsterdam

What is the best way to get from Amsterdam to Rennes, France?
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM

My husband used to fly there on business. I believe he went through CDG though. Occasionally he flew to Nantes

You could get the Thalys to Paris and TGV from there to Rennes. Or even Thalys to Lille and TGV from there, which may be better.
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM

Thalys does not go to Lille unless this is a very recent change and if does this route would take longer than the direct Amsterdam to Paris Thalys - 3.5 hours - would take much longer via Lille. fly if possible as from Paris-Nord, where Thalys dumps you off you have to change stations and get to Gare Montparnasse for hourly or so trains to Rennes, about 2 hours by TGV

Another option would be to take a TGV train from Brussels Midi to Paris CDG Airport and then catch a direct train from there to Rennes, negating going into Paris itself and the bothersome change of stations - but there are relatively few CDG to Rennes trains but check on schedule. If you can get a reasonable flight fly as trains will cost quite a bit of money.
Feb 18th, 2012, 02:45 AM

You are right of course Pal. I wasn't thinking straight when I suggested Thalys to Lille. Sorry Sophia.

DH says he used to fly via CDG or fly direct to Nantes and hire a car there to go to Rennes. He was on business and didn't have to pay for it of course .

Search this Thread