My wife and I are driving from the UK to Dubrovnik this coming weekend. We plan on going via the Julian Alps in Slovenia and onwards to the Plitvice Lakes. I have plotted a route to cross the Slovenia/Croatia border on Rte 105 (Metlika, Slovenia) & Rte D6 Zakanje, Croatia) but are worried that we will not be able to cross at this point as it is such a minor road and will subsequently lose out on time wasted having to turn back and enter through a main highway border crossing!
Any comments regarding this or any other comments or tips (especially accommadation recommendations) about our coming trip would be most thankfully received!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach