Travel agency in Rome, Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please suggest a good travel agency from where we can purchase air and train tickets as well as get the hotel bookings in Italy as well as in rest of the Europe.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 03:34 AM

You can buy the train/air tickets at most agencies, including American Express and Pantheon Travel, on Via Santa Caterina di Siena near the Pantheon

I am not sure I would use a travel agency for hotel bookings because they are not going to want to book the smaller hotels.

Is there a reason you cannot book the hotels yourself from home?
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 07:21 AM

You don;t want to book your travel IN Italy. You need to book it from home before you leave (except train tickets). And travel agents typically only book luxury hotels (which pay them commissions). If you want more modest hotels you need to book then yourself - or find a local travel agent where you are who will book them for you - but will charge the commission to you - since modest hotels don;t pay agents.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Why would you want to do this? Make your air reservations from wherever you live, now. Book the hotels now, too. As for train tickets, chances are all you need to do is go to a train station once you're in Italy and buy them. There is absolutely no need for you to be engaging with a travel agency in Italy.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 10:41 AM

Excuse me, but I live in Italy and seldom book hotels or B&Bs in advance of traveling out of town, and I only stay in modest hotels. And even before I lived in Italy, I often traveled without reservations.

I have been to the travel agency mentioned by ekscrunchy (near the Pantheon) and it was a convenient place to buy train tickets (moreso than Termini) but there was only an Italian speaker there. I often use travel agents while traveling in Italy (and elsewhere) for train and plane tickets mid-trip. Not everybody travels like StCirq, and thus we may "absolutely" have different needs.

I wouldn't use a Rome travel agent to book hotels, but using the internet in Rome to do it yourself is a good idea.