Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transportation from Train Station to Hotel Danielli

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does one get from the Train Station in Venice to their hotel? I know there are all sorts of transportation, but what would be the best for seeing Venice? We are staying at the Hotel Denielli. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Hi, We wheeled our bags out of the train station around the corner to the water taxis. The water taxi took us directly to Hotel Danielli where they unloaded our bags. It was so easy! I can't remember how much it cost though. Have fun! The hotel location is excellent.
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM

Huh?

You're staying at the Danieli and you wonder how to get there?

Presumably, at those prices, you would arrange in advance for a water taxi.

Or a friendly gondolier, to row you the length of the Grand canal.

Only the hoi polloi would take the vaporetto, which drops you near the Danieli, just east of Piazza San Marco.
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM

If you mean the Danieli on the Grand Canal, there's a vaporetto stop right in front of the train station in Venice (not the Mestre train station, it's on the mainland). I don't know that a water taxi would be worth it for that particular trip.

As you face the canal with the station at your back, take the #1 vaporetto going from your right to your left down the Grand Canal. #82 would be faster, but I can't remember if it stops at whatever stop the Danieli is located at. You can check with the hotel or the ACTV website http://www.actv.it/
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Absolutely take a water taxi. That way the taxi driver loads your luggage on board the boat and at the end of the trip hands it over to a bellman for the hotel.

It won;t be cheap, but the view are great - and if you're staying at the Danieli cost is obviously not an issue.

(Don;t even attempt a vaporetto with luggage - nothing like trying to transfer luggage from a dock to a bobbing boat while being pushed against by lots of other travelers.)
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice, I have been unsuccessful in getting the Concierge to reply to my emails. A Water Taxi will work beautifully I'm sure. You have put my mind at ease.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 05:26 PM

Hello Deb, since you are obviously not on a strict budget I too would take a water taxi. It is so much easier and so much more enjoyable. Enjoy beautiful Venice!!
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 04:19 AM

Well, we never experienced much bobbing on the Grand Canal, but if you can afford a water taxi, that is certainly the way to go.
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 04:22 AM

It may be obvious for many, but dont forget to buy your tickets before boarding the vaporetto(if you choose this transport).