Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   transportation from Stresa to Milan (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/transportation-from-stresa-to-milan-687964/)

missmissy Mar 14th, 2007 08:12 PM

transportation from Stresa to Milan

Hi, can anyone recommend a good, reliable transportation company to transfer 5 people and bags from Stresa to the airport in Milan? I'm also looking for a transfer company for the start of our trip......from airport in Rome to Rome hotel. Thanks!

Steve_James Mar 15th, 2007 02:46 AM

Hi Missy - These Rome limo companies get good reviews:

www.limoservicerome.com
www.airportshuttle.it

Hope this helps ...

Steve

Weadles Mar 15th, 2007 03:36 AM

For transfers from Stresa to Milan, try BestViaggi.com. We used them for our transfers from Bellagio to Milan, and they were excellent. The company is Milan-based.

i_am_kane Mar 20th, 2007 05:57 PM

I'm bringing missmissy's post to the top again, in the hopes (selfishly) that more posters can contribute to her question.

My husband and I will also be traveling from Stresa to Malpensa in May, and would appreciate references for reliable transportation.

Steve_James Mar 21st, 2007 02:05 AM

Hi Kane - Any Stresa taxi company will provide a Stresa-Malpensa transfer.

I'm sure your hotel will happily make a booking for you ...

Steve

Steve_James Mar 21st, 2007 02:24 AM

P.S Alternatively there is an Airport Shuttle bus service between Stresa and Malpensa (Terminal 1) with departures at:

06.30 - 09.30 - 13.30 - 16.30 - 19.30

Journey time: 50 mins.

Must be booked 24 hrs in advance.

Here's the link:
http://www.safduemila.com/ita/orari/alibus_2007.pdf

Hope this helps ...

Steve

i_am_kane Mar 21st, 2007 05:47 AM

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for the new information.

I truly appreciate it.

Mark289 Mar 27th, 2007 02:49 AM

Hi Missy, for you transportation from Stresa to Milan airport I suggest to use a car rental with driver, is going to be cheaper than a taxi and with a more professional service.

I will personally recommend Majoli, is very reliable, friendy and has a Mercedes Viano that can easily accomodate the 5 people, you can find information at:

http://www.stresa.net/carrental-with...r/indexuk.html

Hope this helps and wish you a nice trip.

Mark

missmissy Apr 5th, 2007 11:58 AM

Thanks, Mark! I just emailed them for an estimate. I appreciate your help!

:) Melissa

i_am_kane Apr 6th, 2007 07:29 PM

missmissy,

I noticed this is the first, and only, posting by mark289 recommending the "car-rental with driver company."

Have you made e-mail contact with the company he recommended and, if you did, have you received a quote from them?

I will be departing Stresa on May 13th in the morning for Malpensa so I am more than casually curious about the rates this company charges.

If you would be so kind as to post a quote if you receive one, I would be very appreciative.

missmissy Apr 6th, 2007 08:04 PM

Hi there :) Yes, I did email them, but have not received a response. I also contacted our hotel and inquired and they said they forwarded my email to some transportation company they use for their guests. I haven't heard from them yet either. I'll be away this weekend, but will be following up on this early next week. I'll for sure post any info for you, at well. Take care :) Melissa

i_am_kane Apr 7th, 2007 04:21 AM

missmissy,

Many thanks.

missmissy Apr 15th, 2007 11:04 AM

I'm bumping this Q back up. Has anyone else had luck receiving a reply from a transportation company???? I'm also STILL emailing a few of the major companies that everyone says are great in Rome......and have not received a reply. ODD. We still have time, so I guess I'll just worry with this when we're about 3 weeks out.

i_am_kane Apr 15th, 2007 12:38 PM

missmissy,

I did receive a reply from Majoli, and the original price quoted was 95 euro. I replied and said that the price was too high. This is the second response I received:

"I understand that the change of the dollar with euro is not favorable,
but my price is already good for the service. But for your sympathy I make a special price of 90 euro. Make me to
know if it goes, many thanks. Sincerrilly your"
GianMarco

I just felt the cost was too high, and contacted the concierge at the Hotel Astoria. They can get a driver for the two of us for 80 euro. I'm going with the lower price.

missmissy Apr 15th, 2007 12:45 PM

I don't blame you, I think 95 or 90 Euros is too high. We're staying at the Regina Palace in Stresa. I emailed them and they said they forwarded my request to a company they use ( I'm forgetting the name now ) and I emailed them myself twice. I've heard nothing. I'm going to just wait till it gets a tad closer. I've also emailed two of the rome transfer companies that everyone recommends and haven't heard back from one. The other one wanted me to pay a deposit with Paypal and that seems odd to me. So, I'm not going with them. The ONLY transporation I've managed to secure is for our quick stay in Paris. I figure in Rome.....worst case we get in the taxi line and ask for a van and hope we don't get ripped off. haha Thanks for sharing your info! :) Melissa

i_am_kane Apr 15th, 2007 07:36 PM

missmissy,

Actually, we wouldn't have had any problem taking the bus as Steve_James suggested, especially when you consider the price for a (relatively) short bus ride, but the departure times from Stresa aren't good for us...8:30 a.m. would have been perfect. But, when is anything perfect when you are traveling?

BTW, what dates will you be in Stresa? Our dates are May 7 - May 12, and we are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather.

Enjoy your trip.

travelphile Aug 5th, 2009 08:33 AM

ttt, thanks!