Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

transportation from Sheremetyevo Airport/ MOSCOW

May 11th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Hi--

I am flying to Sheremetyevo Airport/ Moscow. I am staying at the Cosmos Hotel. Any advise on public transportation from the airport to my hotel?
May 11th, 2007, 07:30 AM

You will see many, many, many taxi drivers as soon as you get through immigration. However, they don't come cheap--Four years ago they wanted $75 USD.

The subways are so crowded that I would not feel comfortable wheeling a suitcase on them.

I'm not familar with the bus service.
May 11th, 2007, 10:28 PM

I have booked transportation for June with Andrei at the organisation below. I have not been to Moscow before and I want things to go as near to plan as possible. This person has been really helpful and prompt in responding to emails but since I have not yet used the service I can't give you any other feedback.
http://www.go-russia.com/terry.php

May 19th, 2007, 03:23 PM

I've used Andrei ( http://www.go-russia.com ) in past and he was a huge help and very pleasent experiance - my plane was delayed - but he waited - with my name at arrivals picked me up and got my to my destination quickly and very cheaply - for about 1/4 of a price one of those taxies from airport would have charged me... So definitly a great choice ...

Also use him for hotels, train tickets, visas etc. Andrei and his team are really one of the best I have dealed with in Russia ...
May 19th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Peter, after reading your reply I feel more confident that all my hours of research on Russia has paid off and that I have chosen a good person to assist us. Thank you for confirming that because it is SO hard to find info about Russia compared to Italy, France etc.
We are off to Moscow. St Petersburg, Milan and Zurich for first time to Europe- so a bit scary but very exciting.
Thanks again and I hope that Lois Lane has sorted out the transport!
May 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Kitty: You are most welcome - and yes you definitly did your homework on Russia if you picked Andrei I still remember him showing me the sites in Moscow, with so much insider information ... and very positive attidude

You trip sounds very nice - you have a nice mix of styles people and cultures ... and you will get that even between Moscow and St.Pete ...

Enjoy!
May 21st, 2007, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

yes I have- thanks all