Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Transportation from Naples to Amalfi or Sorrento (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/transportation-from-naples-to-amalfi-or-sorrento-702341/)

gurm May 3rd, 2007 06:45 PM

Transportation from Naples to Amalfi or Sorrento

Hello. I am travelling to Italy in July. Our flight arrives in Naples on July 1 at 9:30 pm. I would like to find out if there are any reputable and safe transfers from Naples to Amalfi or Sorrento. Are there any private limos/taxis that I can take from Naples and roughly the cost.

I am have not booked hotel in Amalfi or Sorrento yet. I have to decide on one and ease of tansfer would be a factor. Thanks in advance.

BigBlueMarble May 4th, 2007 12:24 AM

Finding a driver will not be difficult. I have used Car Sorrento, www.carsorrento.it for a ride from Naples to Positano. Once you book your hotel I'm sure the hotel will have a recommendation for you as well.

Steve_James May 4th, 2007 12:32 AM

Hi Gurm - There is an Airport Shuttle bus service (- operator: Curreri) direct to Sorrento departing at 11.30.
Fare: € 6. Journey time: approx. 1 hr.
http://www.curreriviaggi.it/

A limo transfer to Sorrento will typically cost about € 80.

There are a number of Sorrento-based drivers who have had good reviews here:

www.francescomarrapese.com
www.cuomonet.it
www.seesorrento.com
www.tourofitaly.com

They will meet you at the airport.

Hope this helps ...

Steve

ira May 4th, 2007 04:41 AM

Hi G,

For a limo from NAP to Amalfi, add about 100E to the cost to Sorrento.

flycatcher06 May 4th, 2007 05:31 AM

we have used Mario at Seahorse car rental both times that we visited. He will take you anywhere - is very reasonable and a super, super guy!

gurm May 4th, 2007 05:11 PM

I really appreciate all the helpful information. Im am not too worried about it now. Thanks again to all.

TexasTiger May 4th, 2007 08:33 PM

I second the recommendation of Tour of Italy above. Giovanni is great and a real hoot.

SeaUrchin May 4th, 2007 08:40 PM

tourofitaly.com quotes 95 euro from Naples airport to Sorrento and also 95 euro from the airport to Amalfi. I am impressed with their website.

Steve_James May 5th, 2007 04:29 AM

Ira - 'For a limo from NAP to Amalfi, add about 100E to the cost to Sorrento.'

Is this from personal experience or are you guessing?

Steve

gurm May 5th, 2007 05:11 AM

I have pretty well decided Sorrento with some excursion to other places nearby. I got some quotes and seems like it is between 80 euro to 110 euros. Of topic but any suggestions for hotel in Sorrento would be appreciated. Thanks all.

ekscrunchy May 5th, 2007 08:13 AM

There has been extensive discussion of hotels in Sorrento here; try a search and see what comes up. I know I participated in one of those threads a few months back. What do you want to spend per night?

gurm May 5th, 2007 10:11 AM

Thanks I will search for hotels. This is really good informative site. As far as spending, I can go up to 300 Euros per night (for 4 of us).

ekscrunchy May 5th, 2007 10:45 AM

But what do you mean, for the 4 of you? Do you mean 2 rooms at 150 per night per room? Or do you want one room for 4 persons at 300 a night?

jgarvey May 5th, 2007 10:52 AM

From Naples we took the Circumnavigator (sp?) train--on the lower level of the station--to Sorrento. From Sorrento we took the bus to Positano--right outside of the train station--but made he mistake of getting off at the first stop in Positano instead of the second (after the bus makes the circle, it comes back through Positano at a lower level) But you have to stay on the bus as it goes through the other towns and then circles back through Positano.

ira May 5th, 2007 12:00 PM

Hi SJ,

>Ira - 'For a limo from NAP to Amalfi, add about 100E to the cost to Sorrento.'

Is this from personal experience or are you guessing?<

In 2003, We were quoted 90E for Naples to Praiano, and 80E from Praiano to Amalfi.

I have also seen recent posts (not necessarily here) reporting 50E for Amalfi to Positano.

Therefore, I am making a completely unfounded guess that Sorrento/Amalfi would be about 100E. :)

((I))

ekscrunchy May 5th, 2007 12:17 PM

Ira, perhaps you should try not guessing so much and report, instead, on personal experience. I think you will make fewer errors that way. Please do not take offense; it is just that you seem to feel the need to answer so many posts and there are times when your answers are obtained through other than direct experience and, therefore, may be less than accurate.

kp May 5th, 2007 06:39 PM

I have reserved round trip airport transfers from Naples to Sorrento in June. Price will be 190 Euro. There will be 4 adults.

ekscrunchy May 6th, 2007 04:21 AM

So 95 euro each way in one car?

auldyins May 6th, 2007 06:09 AM

Last June we paid 80 euros each way with www.projectnapoliservice.it.

caroline_edinburgh May 6th, 2007 07:07 AM

kp, I'm sure I'm worrying unnecessarily - but you have said it's for 4 people + luggage, have you ? A normal car will not take average luggage for 4.