Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transportation from Milan airport to Bellagio on Lake Como

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 04:12 PM
elizabeth

I will be going from the Milan airport - Malpensa - to Bellagio. Please advise on the best way to get there. Is there a way to get there without going into Milan?

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 06:50 AM
Mauro Gaffuri

Are you renting a car and driving by yourself?

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 02:19 PM
ELIZABETH

I have made no decision about a car but would rather not have one if I can find a good way to get to Bellagio. I do not want to have to take a bus to Milan and then catch a train to Como and a water taxi to Bellagio. Is their transportation directly to Como from the airport?

Old Mar 1st, 1998, 06:21 AM
Bill & Nancy Moser

We have the same multi-model concern, (we arrive in Milan 5-21) so decided to rent a car and drive direct to Hotel Du Lac in Bellagio. Most guide books suggest a car to drive the Lakes region anyway. After a 9 hour plane ride, I dont have the patience to go thru all that. If you find a single mode solution, plz E-mail us. When are you going? Where are you staying?

Old Mar 1st, 1998, 07:57 AM
Mauro Gaffuri

Sorry, no public transportation directly to Como from the airport. A taxi costs about 200.000 Lit. (120 USD) but you have to book in advance. You can apply to Mr. Raffaele Cartolano, fax +39-31-341261, phone +39-31-513622.