Transportation from Krakow Airport

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transportation from Krakow Airport

I will be in Krakow for 2 days at the end of next week. I'll be flying in and planned to take either the public bus or the 'special airport bus' (#208??) to the bus terminal. From there I was hoping to take a tram or city bus to my hotel - the new Sheraton which is on the far side of the city. Does anyone know which tram would go there? I do not speak much Polish and am hesitant to take a taxi. I've heard the authorities can be very strict on checking for tram/bus tickets, is this so? I was reading some other posts on this topic where it was said to be confusing finding newsagents selling tram tickets. I know in some cities (Berlin, Vienna, Warsaw etc) no one appeared to have tickets.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 09:50 AM

you could call in for a taxi this way you know who you getting and will not get ripped off... I would suggest taking the bus to the center as you are planning this will save you some serious taxi $$ then at your dropoff closest to center or Wawel, just call in for a taxi (dispatch in many will speak english) if you are not sure who to pick - in many Polish cities original national taxi service still exists... they screen their drivers and have good prices... here is main site http://www.mpt.pl
how to call? you will need to buy a phone card at any newspaper stand .. ask for one with a chip (those are new type - and will look a little like American Express Blue Card) go to any phone booth insert the card and dail 919... ask to be picked up near that bus stop or pick up a landmark / monument or some other hotel name or something similar so you are not trying to say Polish street names.
Good Taxi's have Name and phone on roof and side doors ... always check both - and make sure they match... for both call in and pickups...

You also may want to call Hotel directly to see if they have any shuttle offerend from Airport (many on that star level do)...

Enjoy Krakow!!!
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, actually when I called the Sheraton Krakow, they suggested I take bus #152 directly from the airport to a Pilsudskie (sp??) St. They said the hotel would be a very quick, easy walk from there. I will be arriving early afternoon on Friday, so hopefully I'll be able to find my way around
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 04:28 PM

Looking at Krakow's bus schedules one bus will not take you to your destination...
there are 2 bus lines from Airport #192 and #208
http://www.komunikacja.krakow.pl/roz...=Port+Lotniczy

What you need to do is to pickup #192 to last stop "Rondo Mogilskie" then transfer to #152 towards "Chelm" / "Krolowej Jadwigi"
http://www.komunikacja.krakow.pl/roz...=trasa&start=1

asking to get off near Sharaton or "Pilsudskiego"
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Once again, thank you so much for that information--and now one final question. My flight back to the UK leaves at 7:50 am on Sat. I thought it would probably be best to take a taxi. Generally how much should a taxi be for that trip?
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 07:00 PM

not sure of exact distance also not sure how much of the distance is outside of the city limits ... since airport is bit outside of city limits. prices are here: http://www.radio-taxi-919.krakow.pl/gb/str_01.html
since you be taking taxi before 6am you rate will be a night rate #2 and outside of limits rate is #4... so it maybe around 50PLN which is around $15

http://www.lotnisko-balice.pl/eng/jak_dojechac.asp

Once in Krakow you may want to call more then one taxi company for quote - some will offer you some additional discount since you are going to airport - where they maybe able to pick a fare back to city... usually there are yellow pages in english in each room in higher star hotels ... also you can ask receptionist to provide...