Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Transportation from CDG to Hotel Bonaparte? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/transportation-from-cdg-to-hotel-bonaparte-750420/)

morgiesmom Nov 25th, 2007 07:14 PM

Transportation from CDG to Hotel Bonaparte?

Has anyone traveled from CDG to the Hotel Bonaparte'?

If so, how did you do it?

If you used a car service do you remember who and how much?

Or should we just take a taxi? (gulp!)

I don't feel comfortable trying to navigate my way through train stations right after an overnight flight,(lack of sleep, etc.) and my french is extremely limited. (2 years high school, many moons ago. Although I do still remember how to ask to go to the bathroom!! Oh yes, and the French word for "eat". Figures.)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Underhill Nov 25th, 2007 07:26 PM

Take the Air France bus into Paris and then a taxi to the hotel. The buses run right outside the terminals.

Travelnut Nov 26th, 2007 05:37 AM

I think it partly depends on how many of you there are. A taxi will be better if there are 3-4 of you; a shuttle would be better if there are 1-2 of you. A combination of the Air France coach+short taxi is probably a draw with a door-to-door shuttle service.

www.parishuttle.com/
www.bee-shuttle.com/
www.cars-airfrance.com/

Clea Nov 26th, 2007 06:25 AM

I used the Air France bus and then taxi to hotel in Oct. the cost was 28 Euros. I used the paris shuttle for the return to CDG, it cost 25 Euros. Both were efficient and there are usually several taxis at the AF stop waiting for you. The hotel booked the paris shuttle since getting a taxi in the morning was very difficult and expensive (according to the hotel).

Clea

Robespierre Nov 26th, 2007 07:16 AM

A certain amount of "navigation" is required no matter what mode you choose, so I wouldn't eliminate a possibility on that basis alone.

Here are some other ways: tinyurl.com/mpjhn

Dukey Nov 26th, 2007 07:40 AM

I assume you will be doing this in the morning...on a weekday?

Cab fares may be even higher if you get caught in Paris morning traffic.

And, from experience, the AF Bus can be just as long a ride (albeit cheaper) at the same time.

Michel_Paris Nov 26th, 2007 09:06 AM

The Air France and Roissybus are the most popular choices for buses to Paris. They have pre-set drop-off points that are good for Metro/RER/taxi access. And, depending on time of day, would also run into same issues as taxis for access to airport. I took AF my last trip, 14 euro one way. It was comfortable and fast (noon hour)

A taxi, or a shuttle van are a couple of other choices. It will ocst you more. If you do a search here, you will find a few shuttles recommended (Bee shuttle,etc.. www.beeshuttle.com).

Cheapest and fastest is the RER. The good news is, there is only one train to catch, going in one direction. So it is simpler than some of the busy interchanges in central Paris where multiple metro lines and RER intersect. You could take the train to Gare du Nord, for example, and catch a taxi from there.

There are two RER stations ~equidistant from the hotel: St Michel and Luxembourg. As an option, and this would depend on what your energy level will be, amount of luggage, etc...you could walk from the RER station to your hotel. Using mappy.com, it is 1km and 15 minutes from St Michel, .95km 14 minutes from Luxembourg RER.

Robespierre Nov 26th, 2007 11:24 AM

The hotel is uphill from St-Michel, downhill from Luxembourg. The latter station only has one line running through it, making it easier to exit, too.

Here's a picture of Boulevard St-Michel I took in August. Notice the horizontals of the buildings across the street:
http://www.boringstreet.com/details.php?image_id=236

scatcat Nov 26th, 2007 12:05 PM

Hotel Bonaparte has the directions from CDG on their website-click on access map.

Christina Nov 26th, 2007 12:08 PM

I'd choose Luxembourg, also, if they are about the same distance, but the Hotel Bonaparte is basically west of either (sort of in the middle, to the west), and I don't think if it as being really uphill or downhill as it's right near bd St Germain. bd St Michel goes more uphill past that point, so iot isn't really any big uphill climb from the St Michel RER to bd St Germain, then go west.