Transport to Beauvais airport from Paris

Jul 18th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Original Poster

Transport to Beauvais airport from Paris

Yoo...Need help here.
Anyone can tell me what is the best option to travel from hotel mear Eiffel Tower to Beauvais airport? My flight is 9.15am.
Jul 18th, 2007, 01:17 AM

Hi,
You can take the Beauvais airport shuttle bus which departs from near Porte Maillot in Paris.

More info here:
http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng

Schedules are here:
http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/hora...s.php?lang=eng

To get to Porte Maillot by public transport, you can take the RER C direct from the Champs de Mars Tour Eiffel stop, or the metro line 6, changing to line 1 at Charles de Gaulle Etoile. See www.ratp.fr . Obviously, the feasibility of taking public transport depends on how close your hotel is to the metro/RER stations, and how much luggage you will be carrying.

If you do have a lot of luggage, a taxi shouldn't be too expensive from the Eiffel Tower area to Porte Maillot.
Jul 18th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Another FAQ: Just type 'Paris to Beauvais airport' in the Search function at the top of the page, and then read the entries on the lefthand side of the page.
Jul 19th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much.

Since my flight to Rome is 9.15am, it is advisable to catch the bus 3 hrs earlier, which is 6.15am. Beauvais Aiport Shuttle offers door to door services for EUR 28/person (we only have 2 person). However, extra charges needed for early pick up, EUR6/person. So, my total cost = EUR 68 for the whole trip.

I just wonder, how much will it cost for a taxi to Beauvais airport, at 6.15am, pick up at Hotel Tourisme, near Eiffel Tower.

Please advice.
Jul 19th, 2007, 02:25 AM

Are you thinking about a taxi in the hope that it would be cheaper than the shuttle?

I should think it would cost a lot more than 68 euros to get a taxi all the way to Beauvais. It is about 50 miles (80 km) from Paris, and would take over an hour. Once you get outside the greater Paris area, the taxi fare is about 1.30 euros per kilometre.
I imagine that a taxi would be quicker than taking the bus, however.
Jul 19th, 2007, 08:41 AM

Meltzy

I've done Paris to Beauvais many times, I usually stay in the 6th, 7th or 8th. We just get a taxi to Porte Maillot, about €15 for 2ppl, the take the Beauvais bus €13 per person, which in total works out about €41, your tip to the taxi driver is your own business