We are a couple (active, 30s) planning about a 3-week trip starting in Prague, traveling down through Slovenia to Croatia, then through Bosnia to Romania (via Serbia), and up to Budapest where we fly home. Would love some help on transport. We usually rent a car for convenience, but is this doable where we are traveling through so many countries? (I know not all companies have insurance coverage for every country, and there are fees for car badges,etc. for certain countries.) Is it better to do a mix of public transport/car rental? Which would be the best leg of the trip to rent a car? We are on a budget and looking for the cheapest option, but are willing to pay for a bit for convenience.
We plan on hitting most of the major tourist sites (Ljublijana/Bled, Split/Dubrovnik, Mostar/Sarajavo) but would like the option of getting to less-touristy places and nature trials.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for first trip to UK
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 4 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 11 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 12 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 13 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 16 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 17 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 18 Poland--where else to go
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 10 days in europe
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 23 Trans Siberian Train
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 3 weeks driving the Netherlands