Transport from Capri to Ravello?

May 3rd, 2002, 06:31 AM
greg

Transport from Capri to Ravello?

Can anyone tell me the most efficient way to get from Capri to Ravello?
Thank you.

May 3rd, 2002, 07:29 AM
carol

one way would be to take a ferry to sorrento and then a bus to ravello. if there is a boat that goes to amalfi, then a more picturesque route would be a boat to amalfi and then a bus up to ravello. the bus station is right by the dock and it's a short but curvy ride up to ravello. the views from ravello are breath-taking!

May 3rd, 2002, 07:59 AM
GAC

Take one of the direct boats from Capri to Amalfi (stopping briefly in Positano). This avoids the transfer in Sorrento. From Amalfi, get on the local city bus up the hill to Ravello (one per hour). Enjoy a coffee/ice cream break in Piazza Flavio while waiting for the bus. Simple enough for a 10 year old.

May 3rd, 2002, 08:02 AM
Steve James

Hello Greg,

There is a ferry and hydrofoil service between Capri & Amalfi as Carol suggests (- which is a quicker and more convenient option than going via Sorrento). Timetables are onBR>www.capri.net/home/en/transport.php

From Amalfi there's an hourly bus up to Ravello (25mins.). Timetables are onBR>www.uniplan.it/sita/s511_1.txt

Let me know if I can be of more help ...

Steve

May 3rd, 2002, 09:17 AM
Vincenzo

Greg,
hydrofoil from Capri to Amalfi and then bus, as GAC and Steve suggest, is the best solution in my opinion.
Departure times are 16.25 and 17.45.
Arrival times are eighty minutes after departure.
Have a nice trip.

Feb 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM
kja

Can anyone tell me if the information in this thread is likely to be more-or-less accurate for May 2007? I haven't found the schedule for ferries from Capri to Amalfi for that time period on line. Thanks so much!

Search this Thread